Sign in to follow this  

thinking of the 756F for new jersey riding

hey i was thinking the 756f FRONT TIRE because it has a harder sidewall and looks like a good bite to it. does anybody else recomend this. the trails i ride can go to big rocks to sand to mud to hard pack or real soft so is this a good tire for all of this.

o yea this is for my woods bike HUSKY CR 125

The 756 is better than a Southwick for hard pack. It works well on hard pack with loose stuff on top. The Southwick works ALOT better in sand than a 756. On rocks, they are equal. Mud? Southwick wins. Real soft, Southwick again. The Millville is another good choice until you get in deep sand.

I personally like the 773 better for my area. Its supposed to be for softer conditions, but I've found it sticks much better in some hard pack conditions as well.

The 756 is what all the woods rodents use around my heck of the woods for the front tire.

I use Maxxi IT's for the back.

I recommend the Pirelli tires. I find that tires with too stiff a sidewall are root runners. I use the MT83 or as it it also called the SKORPION PRO front tire in soft terrain. I use the MT16 front on intermidiate and harder terrain. I prefer the MT16 rear in all conditions ( I ride 4 strokes ).

Some 2 stroke riders like the MT32 rears best. Less corner control but more traction on straights.

Cher'o,

Dwight

I personally like the 773 better for my area. Its supposed to be for softer conditions, but I've found it sticks much better in some hard pack conditions as well.

Same here, it looks like a Michelin M12 copy if you put them side by side, Grips well after you scrub off the mold release coating.

I live in mich. lots of sand , and i run a 756 front and a 773 rear on my crf450.We too run in and out of sand ,in to dirt , clay ,roots ,rocks, too, mud, on trail rides and i think it work great for most every thing but hardpack. Good alround tires.Seems to hold up good, at lest for me , maybe its the sand thing?

What I like about the 773 is how it wears. Barely wears at all and I got a ton of miles on it.

My S12's wore much faster. I also like the bridgestone 402 rear that came stock better than the S12 I have now. I'll probably go back to the 402 on the KTM. My YZ has 756 rear and getting a 742 front. Curious about that combo as well.

Cheers,