Sign in to follow this  

You know the friend that just got the kx85?? the one that...

wanted to race me??? well, the first day riding on it, he goes to the track today and was riding slowly, until he saw the 90 foot tabletop...he gooses it, like he used to on his klx 125....

the front tire comes up well before the takeoff, and when he finally does take off, he is at 90 degrees, and increasing. he ends up landing ON HIS BACK and the bars thrust into his chest...(it landed upside down on him) well...he said that he wasnt expecting it to have THAT much power...even though i told him i have heard some stories of how snarly two-strokes can be. well back to the story...all of us( about 5 of my friends) rush to go get him, and we have to cary him back....i just came back to post this...im going back up to see how he is...he didnt cry or say anything...but the weird thing was, he was concious, just looking at us, without any expression in his face...im pretty scared. later...give some blessings, tt'ers :cry: :cry:

well, then..the results are that he bruised his tailbone, and herniated one of his discs in his back...thanks guy! :cry:

glad he is okay

Did he have a chest protector on?

wow.....yeah the problem with those little hyper two smokes is they have a tendency to get all the HP real quick...so if you aint ready for it...it can open your eyes.

HR

:cry:

glad he is okay

Did he have a chest protector on?

wow.....yeah the problem with those little hyper two smokes is they have a tendency to get all the HP real quick...so if you aint ready for it...it can open your eyes.

HR

true that...but to be honest, none of us do :cry: i know.. but i dont ride too crazily on my 250X....anyways tho, yes he did break his tailbone and he is in the er for now...the 85 is being traded back in tomorrow at opening time....poor kid.

Sorry to hear about your friends mishap. I hope he recovers quickly and is not in a lot of pain.

Both my kids ride and race 85's so I understand what happened to him. If you have any influence on your friends parents I'd suggest not selling the 85. I hate to say it but your friend just learned one of lifes lessons, the hard way. I'd bet if he got on the bike after he heals, that he would treat the bike with a lot more respect. An 85 is a really great bike but it demands to be ridden with a certain amount of respect and brains. As my son will attest, trees and rocks are not your friends, and stupid hurts.

Hope your friend has a speedy recovery.

wanted to race me??? well, the first day riding on it, he goes to the track today and was riding slowly, until he saw the 90 foot tabletop...he gooses it, like he used to on his klx 125....

I hope he is ok, but I dont know many kids that can jump a 90 foot table on a klx125.