laid the big blue beast down

the first time out on the beast ?

renamed her she is not 'easy' [EC] she is 'easy off' at best, she will stay the 'big blue beast' until she learnd who is her master, ahm mistress

NOW I know why my dear loving hubby did not want to ride her ?

not a mile down the main trail throttle stuck in 4th, it was very wet and slick, as she tried to pull my arms from their sockets, it took almost all of the straight for me to get a hold of the clutch ? no chance making the turn ? do you know how slow time can go by in a situation like that? insane! had time enough to think it over and decide to rather lay her down than try and go over the edge ? deliberately or not, it HURT? and the beast kept screaming, triumphant?

the rest of the day I was too traumatized to trust her, the power was too much, the ergos did not fit, my ego was bent, my back hurt, adjusting the suspension in those trail conditions and with me only puttering? no way! have to bleed the clutch, too, cann't start her in gear as is

never seen Whissy so extremely wet and slick before

Troy had a hard touchdown on my X and a ball on the beast

hubby tried to kill Troys TTR, ran my X into a tree and refused to ride the beast

but all three of us had a good workout and at least Troy and I had a lot of fun, too ?

Geez Louise!! How scarey is THAT??!?! ? I'm glad you're okay!!! Who knows what could have happened!

I'm glad you said you were trying to pull in the clutch b/c I wouldn't have known what to do in that situation, other than using the brakes (although, I'm sure that wouldn't do much good)- duh.

So, it might be a while, if ever you get back on that bike, eh?

not a mile down the main trail throttle stuck in 4th

The throttle STUCK? ? How'd that happen?? ?

Thats scary... good call to drop her, though, must have been one 'ell of a hit in fourth... ? :cry: ?

Glad you're ok, I'm sure you can tame 'the beast' (if you fix the sticky throttle problem!) ?

Hey young lady, I take it you were on the GA clay when it was wet (slippery like snot I tell ya)????Had some of that at DP myself.

Glad only the ego was bruised ?.

Now get on that B#$%h (that's the bike) and show her who's boss ?.

Don ?

Glad only the ego was bruised ?.

Now get on that B#$%h (that's the bike) and show her who's boss ?

I had to get right back on or push her back to the truck and wait until the boys were done playing

NO WAY! wanted my share of the fun, too

no idea what made her go hog wild, carb is clean, cable mint and lubed, she did behave well the rest of the day

no bruises ?

only sore lower back, neck, shoulder, wrist and knee

you should know this will not really slow me down, Don ?

friends? NO, just stuck with each other

I'll teach this miserable beast to bite the hand that feeds it ?

not hurt? ?

I wish so, shoulder and wrist strained, been there will survive that, lower back hurts really bad as soon as I do not keep it very straight and the muscles tight, no idea why

You forgot to check the paint (Blue) ?, if its a beast it needs to be "Red" for flame throwing beast! ?

Seriously, what about the throttle tube and/or tube/cable housing (my new ODI throttle tube had a little "nib" on it that didn't let the tube twist "real" smooth in the cable housing until I filed it off).

Don ?

Hope your feeling better soon fiep! I always hate that slow motion dream feeling when a crash is inevitable and there's nothing you can do.

You don't have barkbusters on her do you? I've had my throttle tube get hung up on my barkbusters and stick open but you can usually twist it back closed in that situation.

but you can usually twist it back closed in that situation.

did close the throttle

must have been the cable or the carb ?

whatever it was, she did not do it again,

but kept me 'on toes' the rest of the day

today she'll get a decent chain, tho

that new but cheap junk she came with is dead ?

after one ride, plain and simple dead

not a mile down the main trail throttle stuck in 4th, it was very wet and slick, as she tried to pull my arms from their sockets, it took almost all of the straight for me to get a hold of the clutch

yikes! i had my throttle stick wfo on my ktm 300 last year. fortunately, i pretty much always ride with 1-2 fingers covering the clutch, and i mounted the kill switch where i can easily reach it while pulling in the clutch.

in my case, it turned out to be the chrome plating on the slide was starting to wear off (after only 6000 miles!) and a little chip lodged in there and prevented the slide from coming back down. from what i recall about your poor bike, it could also be a throttle cable problem. replace it, and check the slide as well. glad you weren't on a cliffside idaho trail.

mw

Fipe u should have been at durhamtown this weekend muddy and as slick as i have ever seen it!You and the smoker could have had some real fun,LOTS of new TIGHT tlails to show her who is boss!We bought a new ttr-125 for my 9yr old

and a new 450 for the older one(lots of fun)I just thought I was ready to see him on a biger bike ?

( glad ur ok) ?

Thanks Tom

?

shame on me, after getting feedback from home I kept forgetting to pm you ... 3 different sources unisono told me, no chance to get the stickers you want, Technosel never had them for sale and the few sheets overproduction probably disappeared years ago - sorry

now that I rejetted Duffy [my blue Honda ?] and adjusted the suspension once again we seem to get along fine

but the bbbeast? ?

left her at home this Saturday, I'll let my back heal before I try again, but she does not really stand a chance, I am the one to supply her with gas and oil, if she does not behave ... ?

but seriously, played with ergos and suspension a bit, next time out I hope on some grip instead of wet roots and slick clay

funny, the only thing the dealer worried about was that I could not start her, warned me about the oh so short kickstarter ?