Sign in to follow this  

Oregon...Im goign to feel like a poser!

Im moving to Oregon in 2 or 3 weeks. Im a pure mx rider. Im moving to Springfield. I looked on like sponsorhouse.com at the Oregon rider and you 125C riders are like some of the B riders here. I thought i was a 125D rider but I think im goign to hold off on racing for a while now and just practice. You guys look really good and it intimidates me alot....I want to race bad but i feel like i would just get whooped on. Ive been riding a little over a year. I can clear like 35 ft. doubles and 60 ft. table tops, but i really suck at whoops and i like corners but the ruts kill me.

Don't be a moto head. Motocross is more than clearing 35 foot doubles and 60 foot triples or what ever! Learn the basics. If you want to get good, try watching #4, #22,#14 on TV. Don't pay attenion to what they do off the ground when their in the lead, pay attention to what they do during and after the start. Or sign up for a motocross school. It's the best money you'll ever spend. As in car racing, any fool can go fast in a straight line. But the race is won or lost in the corners!

Thats the last thing im worried about....i like mud riding just not during a race.....Im worried about skill levels.

I know its about corners and stuff but i want to learn to ride like the good riders and learn style. I just want to become a great racer. I will sign up for a weekend school in March though. I always watch races and study how they ride. Im just not patient. I just wish i could snap my fingers and become an A rider.

I think our conditions are different and it may breed a tougher rider but I would think the skill levels should be about the same as anywhere else. What makes you think we are faster? Off road we have a lot of fast guys but moto there is everything from crash in every corner to Pro level.

You will do fine.