Sign in to follow this  

Off Topic - Help me (my son) make his Raptor 50 go faster

I figure since you all have YZ's or WR's, surely some of you have bought Raptor 50's for your kids, I figure I'd get a better answer here than the Off Topic forum. I've clocked him several times on his riding behind on my Kodiak and the thing goes 14 mph. He also rides and races a PW50 and 14 is just not anywhere fast enough. Are there any mods? I know it has a rev limiter but had someone tell me this wouldn't help top end (doesn't seem right to me). If I can't modify I'm going to trade it. I've bought 4 Yamaha's in the past year and a half and this is the only one I'm the least bit disappointed in.

14 MPH does seem slow for a 50 quad? My friend has a susuki 50 quad for his son and that thing flies! Maybe the raptor have an exhaust limiter like the pw50 does? :cry:

pull air filter and see if there is restrictor behind it it will be a flat peace of plastic

Sorry, but the Raptor 50's horrible performance is the result of our Govt being involved with ATV's (CPSC).

The issue is the rev limiter. It kicks in at some dumb low rpm, like 4500. As of now there is no way around it. You're screwed. :cry:

The Suzuki LTA50 isn't any better, but can be modified to move out a little better (I just sold the one we had).

If you have questions on kids atv's, just holler. I ended up giving up on performance for kids atv's, we moved to a KTM Pro Jr. Cobra is coming out with a 70cc race quad, so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Dont know about the Raptor but my kids Predator 50 has a jumper on the rev limiter that you can remove with 2 screws, makes it go twice as fast. :cry: