Sign in to follow this  

how do i tell if my helmet is safe

ok guys i bought a new helmet (arai) about 3 months ago. and 2 weeks after i bought the helmet i crashed real hard on my head. i was in the hosptial for a week cuz of a laserated liver. NOW my ? is how can you tell if i need a new helmet or not. is there anything I can take apart to see if something is wreck. please help me out im going back on the bike in 2 weeks and i dont no if i need a new one or not.

i also talk to my friends dad he is one of the fastest guys in my dist. and i told him im prop going to give it to arai and have them x ray to see if its broken or not, HE said there going to tell you is broken cuz they dont want to be reliable (spelling) if i crash on my head again and get brain damage. is this true or not??

also my dad said if i wreck it then you would see the paint cracking on the outside of where it is broken. is this true or not.

had a recent crash and suffered bad concussion. As a result, I purchased a new helmet. The damage to the helmet is not always visible. I would suggest a new one if it ever takes a good hit. Ask yourself the question, which is cheaper; a new helmet or a new head/brain? Just my opinion

had a recent crash and suffered bad concussion. As a result, I purchased a new helmet. The damage to the helmet is not always visible. I would suggest a new one if it ever takes a good hit. Ask yourself the question, which is cheaper; a new helmet or a new head/brain? Just my opinion

yes that is what im thinking and its prop right

yea when i crashed i had a major concusion, i would say a 8 out of 10 10 being the worst. and thats what the doctor said.

anybody else.

Definetly time for a new helmet.

Dont bother sending it in. Just go buy another one.

Glad you're ok(ish).

Inside damage isn't always visible on the outside. The real protection from impacts comes from the EPS (expanded polystyrene) liner that crushes to absorb impacts. Once it's damaged, it can't protect you again. I guess you have to ask yourself is your life/health worth $200-300 to you and those around you. I don't know you at all, but I'll vote for you - I think you're worth $200-300 as you are! Go get another lid!

Send it to Arai to have them check it out. Shoei does the same thing. If it is still safe to use, they will be able to tell, and will tell you. The 2 guys I know who have done this both recieved the OK for their lids.

They know riders appreciate honest customer service, and will likely remain loyal to their product when it is time to buy a new lid.

Sounds like you can afford the time to wait.

I crashed hard last weekend - header. I used my sawzall to cut the helmet apart to decide whether or not to get a new one. I'm getting a new one. :cry:

I crashed hard last weekend - header. I used my sawzall to cut the helmet apart to decide whether or not to get a new one. I'm getting a new one. :lol:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: