Sign in to follow this  

the 05 better be worth it

the 05 better be worth it or im going to be pssd at you guys. i took it bad today trading in my 03crf for an 05. 3500 bucks to trade a stock 03 otd for the 05. my 03 only had a year on it so i got double burned. 20 minutes in the field and i dont notice a ton of power difference, more low end. the thing turns tight corners way way better. going to find the roughest crap possible this week then give a better report. :cry:

IM blown away by people that sell thier bikes for "wholesale" to a dealer. Your never going to get what your bike is worth from a dealer. If you did, the dealer would take it in the shorts trying to get rid of your used bike!

Use your heads guys...if you want what your bike is worth, sell it yourselves... :cry:

IM blown away by people that sell thier bikes for "wholesale" to a dealer. Your never going to get what your bike is worth from a dealer. If you did, the dealer would take it in the shorts trying to get rid of your used bike!

Use your heads guys...if you want what your bike is worth, sell it yourselves... :cry:

that goes for any type of vehicle :cry: At least the majority of the time that is the case...there may be very few exceptions. Personally, I don't really see the point in buying a new bike every year anyway just to spend $100's more to fix it up to the way you want it...a waste of money IMO. Unless maybe you are a Pro :cry: But for us average Joe's, a guy on a vintage bike can still beat most riders :cry:

"a guy on a vintage bike can still beat most rider"

aint that the truth. I have ridden with a guy that showed up on a 1979 yz125, and another on a rm125. At first sight, I thought we would be waiting for them all day. To my surprise I couldnt keep up with either of them on my 1996 cr250.

Even worse, I bought the RM125 a year or two later and realized what a rattle trap he was beating me with. All of the sprockets were loose and the bearings shot on the rear wheel allowing the wheel to move 2" side to side, brakes sucked, bent bars, nut missing on main swingarm bolt, and a old gym sock for a aircleaner.

the 05 better be worth it or im going to be pssd at you guys. i took it bad today trading in my 03crf for an 05. 3500 bucks to trade a stock 03 otd for the 05. my 03 only had a year on it so i got double burned. 20 minutes in the field and i dont notice a ton of power difference, more low end. the thing turns tight corners way way better. going to find the roughest crap possible this week then give a better report. :cry:

You should be mad at yourself for trading it in! 03's are worth $4500ish here in Socal....

MAN! IF SOMEONE CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN 04 AND AN 05 THEY ARE NOT REALLY PAYING ATTENTION OR THEY HAVE BEEN RIDING A MODIFIED 04. (OR THEY ARE NEGATIVE YAMAHA RIDERS)

THE STOCK 05 IS AS FAST,OR FASTER,THAN MOST MODIFIED 04 CRF'S.

YOU MUST HAVE RIDDEN THE EARLIER MODELS TO SEE THIS.

TB

You got that right my 02 was massaged and I thought it ran well next to my 05 it's quite a bit slower.

boy you guys are singing a different tune. all i read for a month was how great the 05 was.and that i wouldnt be able to live without it. also you go and try and sell a used bike in wisconsin in oct when there are snow flakes in the air. good luck not going to happen. there are 04s are hear going for 4 grand all day long. but to be serious if you are really into racing why wouldnt you have the best thing out there, i mean its still by far the cheapest form of racing there is. P.s im not really pssd just bored and wish it wasnt snowing so i could go riding.

The 2005 CRF450R has the same exact engine as the 2004, in a drag race, the one with a better hook up wins. The CRF didn't need motor work, so it got the only upgrade possible, a better frame and the best out of the box suspension ever.

Have you ever heard of cycle trader online? You can ship almost any dirt bike anywhere in the US. for about 250.00 Please tell me that you have a good income and had the cash to make the trade. If you tell me that you put on credit I will lose all my respect for you.I would have loved to get your bike for what they did.

Got to go now, it's 97 out today and Im going riding.

No hard feelings Im just being an ass today.

The 05 engine is not the exact same as the 04. The intake tract has be changed and the timing has been changed To make the bike quicker and more responsive. You can definately feel this on the track where it was intended to be used and felt.

You can't compare "MOTOCROSS BIKES" by dragracing them. They are not Drag Bikes.

TB

You can't compare "MOTOCROSS BIKES" by dragracing them. They are not Drag Bikes.

TB

Tell that to all the pros who try to make it to the first turn ahead of everybody else.

I have a bone stock 04 and raced against two 05's this weekend. I smoked them both to the first corner. Although I got winded and they both ended up passing be by the end of the race. Both guys I used to waste when they had their 04's. But it was my first time back on a bike in two months. Hmmm :cry:

TB

Tell that to all the pros who try to make it to the first turn ahead of everybody else.

That still doesnt mean anything. I've seen guys on 125's beat 450's.

made this post before... but is there any truth behind the rumours ive heard of fuel injection for the 06 450?

Rode my '04 back-to-back w/the '05 yesterday and have to say the biggest difference is the chasis & handling. The motor didn't feel night and day more responsive than mine (basically stock, JD Jetting, Twin Air filter kit, 49T rear sprocket). However, the new chasis rocks! I'd need my tall seat/low boy pegs/tall bar clamps/stiffer springs to feel comfortable, but it turns better than the my '04 w/20mm clamps, feels lighter & more flickable.

My 2C