QR50

I've got a weird one. I bought this bike for my son a couple of years ago to learn how to ride. The story goes that the guy I bought it from had a business associate from Japan and this associate sent to him in a box disassembled as a business gratuity. Several people have seen and commented on it's uniqueness. I think it is a one of a few in the USA as these were never imported here. It is positively a Honda QR50, oil injected 2 stroke, mono shock, sealed chain drive and I'm guessing around a 1987. My son has outgrown and now has an XR80. Anyone interested in this collectors item and for how much? Seattle area.

Any chance you can post a pic or a link to a picture?

Errr...nevermind. It's amazing what Yahoo can find...

http://www.redlinehonda.com.au/or-qr50.php

Looks like they are still made and sold overseas. I can't beleive Honda wouldn't import them here to horn in on the PW50 market.

I know, stupid. Mine is I think is a 87, honda red w/blue number plates. Really cool little bike.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Boondock Patrol
      Hello friends, 
      If you own a CRF50F or an XR50 dirt bike you know that they are prone to smacking the case while on the trail. I installed a Ricochet Off Road skid plate on our 2007 Honda CRF50F and I'm very impressed/happy with the product. Here is a video:

• By Boondock Patrol
      Hello friends. We added a 2007 Honda CRF70F to the fleet, and here is a video introduction of the bike. I know it's simple, but I'm proud of it, and we are already enjoying it very much. What a cool little bike. 

• By Boondock Patrol
      Hello friends, 
      I've seen much debate on which motor oil is best for the mini bikes. I decided to go ahead - having had great experience with Pro Honda HP4S synthetic oil in previous machines - and try it on our 2007 Honda CRF70F. So far, I can already say that the transmission seems to shift smoother and more quietly. And call me crazy, but kicking it over it feels like it has more compression than before??? It's running fantastic since the change and doesn't seem adversely affected in any way...yet. Anyhow, I threw a little video together of the process while I was teaching my boy how it's done. 

• By Boondock Patrol
      Hello friends, 
      It's been two weeks now since we purchased our 2007 Honda CRF50F, and my 8-year-old has really taken to it. I'm so impressed how he can run the whole show himself, from getting it out of the garage, to starting it up (ignition, fuel, choke and all, correctly) and putting it away when he's done. He has also impressed me with his comprehension of the gearing, and knowing when to shift. Here's a short video of him in action from this afternoon. 

• By Boondock Patrol
      Hello friends. I'm new here because I've been riding quads for the past decade. However, in this area (NE Arizona) everybody rides dirt bikes. So, I decided to swap to dirt bikes. I've got 4 young kids, so one week ago I found a pristine little 2007 CRF50F for sale in Flagstaff, and talked the original owner down from $1200 to $1000. I picked it up, and the dirt biking days have begun! I already picked up a Ricochet brand skid plate for it that I will be installing soon.