Case savers falling off anybody ??

I have just fitted a set of Alloy case savers with silicon sealant as per the instructions. They feel very secure now the silicon has dried. I just wondered if anybody has had them fall off? or am I just being paranoid ???

if ya have clean up the surface well before putting them on, it should hold up firmly.

:cry:

A friend of mine had his come off after a sharp contact with a rock. Damn good thing he had them on though. They were installed correctly and were cured, it was just the angle of the hit.

A friend of mine had his come off after a sharp contact with a rock. Damn good thing he had them on though. They were installed correctly and were cured, it was just the angle of the hit.

happed to me once when my bike decided to try and move a boulder ( without me on the bike) the case saver saved my butt. I was 30 miles from the truck and it was a hard impact.

If everything was clean and dry, no worries. Mine have survived a lot of abuse. :cry:

Mine look exactly like Bronco's....banged up big time. Haven't fallen

off yet! :cry:

If you did it correctly...you covered the entire mating surface with a layer of silicon sealant and then let it cure for 24 hours...it should never come off. You could probably lift the bike with it.

We use this stuff to seal the cork pan gaskets when we build drag motors...and we had one on so good that we lifted the entire short block of the ground with all the pan bolts out...and it would not break free. We ended up haveing to do a lot of digging and prying to finally get that pan off.

No worries. :cry:

Cool, looks like they're on for good then

Cheers drink6.gif

I dont think mine could come off if I wanted them too