Sign in to follow this  

The Economy vs. Dirt Bike spending

What kind of impact has the slower economy had on your dirt bike spending? Bikes, accessories, trips etc. I seem to have spent as much as usual (too much) even though I have been layed off several times.

None for me. The only slowing me down is my 8 week old and 2 yr old.

the only thing i've noticed has more to do with the insanely high gas prices right now. i'm less likely to make a long trip to a track because it costs an extra $10-15 just to GET THERE and back.

other than that, i'm single and make plenty of money to support a family, so... i still pretty much do what i want. :cry:

What kind of impact has the slower economy

What "slower economy?"

The slower/weaker economy that this president has...just pulling your chain. I like Bush. It has been up and down for me. I "only" bought two bikes instead of three.

The slower/weaker economy that this president has...just pulling your chain. I like Bush. It has been up and down for me. I "only" bought two bikes instead of three.

Just curious, we you saw 'bought' do you mean you paid cash or financed these bikes? Just curious, I'm trying to justify buying a second bike and just can't do it.

the only thing i've noticed has more to do with the insanely high gas prices right now. i'm less likely to make a long trip to a track because it costs an extra $10-15 just to GET THERE and back.

same thing here, most of the tracks are about an hour or more away and with a V-10 full size dodge drinking a gallon every ten miles, closer trips or carpooling happens more often.

well in the last 4 months we've bought (cash, I don't finance anything) 2 bikes and complete sets of gear for both of us... probably totalling close to $12,000.

I'd say the (supposedly) slow economy hasn't affected our bike spending :cry:

No change, in fact, because I was hurt for part of this year, I found myself buying more stuff to give me a reason to wrench on the bike until I could ride again.

Hey Revolucien, I got a set of headers for that V-10 PM me if you might want them cheap.

Since Bush has been Pres. I have bought a new truck, bike, doubled my income, and moved out of my parents house. :cry: