Wheel building articles?

I just laced balck excels on my stock yz450f hubs 2 days ago and it too was easier than I thought. All I did was start by lacing the rims with the new excell spoke kits. With the rear wheel there are two different sized spokes, and unless your an idiot its hard to mess that up. The front wheel uses all spokes of the same lenght, even easier. As for truing, put the wheel on a stand (or in youe swing arm, fork ect.), start at the valve stem hole tighten that spoke until a nice tone is heard, move down 3 spokes, tighten that and proceed until all are tight. Once this in done set up a dial indicator on your wheel and fine tune. It's as easy as that. Now mounting tires on these black rims without scratching them, thats a differnt story.

did the article help? i'm lookin to switch over to some black excels and just use the stock hubs to keep the price down

No, I didn't even read the dern thing, I glanced over it before I started... It's pretty self explanitory once you get started... Put all the spokes in the hub, get it all lined up and start lacing, flip it over, start lacing the other side... Then I slapped the axle into a vice with the wheel spacers so I could rotate it easy. Tightened them all up gradually... Oiled the threads once they started getting a tad tight... Used a smaller vice to hold a scredriver right next to the rim for a reference and just started truing.

In retrospect it's extremely easy to do. I could probably do another in less than 2 hours if I needed. Probably half my time was spent taking the old spokes out. [i was repairing the rim] Next Time I'm just gonna find a pair of bolt cutters and cut the spokes out.