IS it worth IT???

HEy all

sorry to ask a really noob question.

Im new into mx and i really like the rmz250 and i wanna ask how bad is the problems on it and is it fixed on the new 2005 model or should i rather buy the yz250f.

Thanks all.

:cry:

if you want the power then stick with the rmz, i haven't had any valve issues and have an 04 model.

I love my KXF. But you need to ride each one if you can to see which fits your style better. That way you'll be able to handle the bike better to start out.

i've spent the last 3 month considering the options, first i was set on changing to a 2-smoke but then i woke up. lol

as for the 4 stroke option:

YAMAHA - not changing to a ally frame till 06, which will deem old style frame oldschool.

HONDA - first year bikes have major problems with valves and oil burning nothing changed or modified.

KTM - only 250 4t they got is enduro style (next years f will be interesting)

RMZ/KXF- have had trouble but are the only ones to actually do something about and make major changes.

Thats why i chose to get one, i've ridden all the others and suzuki seems to be the best choice this year.

I picked it up yesterday and first impressions are good, power is awsome and it turns on a dime. finishing off isnt upto honda or yamaha standard but £600 cheaper what do you expect. :cry:

i thought that coming off a crf450 i would miss the power but i only notice it when i get on a flat out straight, but you dont get to many on a hare scramble.

:cry: give it a go you wont be disapointed

1001489.jpg

Thanks guys. :cry:

So the valve thing isnt a problem????

Does it give u trouble after a while. :cry:

I live in South africa so we cant get parts as easy as in the :usa:states:usa:

Hi, i have a kx250f , is a great bike, u'll have fun. I bought it soon, in the end of 2003 and may be first bikes had some problems: i changed an ignition box (the blk one, back to the front numberplate) in guarantee, (here in Italy there is a 3 months guarantee, dunnow abroad..) and i had some problems with the head gasket. What i can see here is that YZs r more reliable than kx,rm or cr. But the fact that in 2006 they will change frame doesn't make it, in my opinion, a great buy, moreover kxf and rmz got the best power in the class. You have to even consider CR frame, is simple to ride and quick, i think it turns and jump a bit better than kx/rm. In my opinion the best u can do is to find somebody that makes u try the bike/bikes and u'll buy what u like more. Anyhow, the three bikes(kx and rm r the same stuff) r great bikes, u'll have fun.

I have an 04 and have never had to shim the valves, great bike but I wish it pulled a little better once you hit the top of 4'th and 5'th. Other than that it has gobs of low and mid even with the stock pipe.

How do you get to 5th gear? I'm lucky if I've hit 4th like 10 times. I even added a tooth to my rear sprocket. Must be doing some trail riding with some long straights.

we found this trail that is pretty much a road but it's dirt so you can rip down it, not enough room to top it out. I usually cruise around in 2'nd and 3'rd on the powerlines. I don't wanna land on some of those boulders. :cry:

The 04 had heating issues because of the rev limiting design in the CDI box. 2005 CDI is changed and larger rads are installed. The 04 heating problems caused the valve buckets to drag and allow the intake valve (left one usually) to snap shut, wearing out the valve face prematurely. The 05 is a lot better with these slight changes.

yet again i ask, on what do you base the statement that the cdi box is at fault for the valve issues?

The 04 had heating issues because of the rev limiting design in the CDI box. 2005 CDI is changed and larger rads are installed. The 04 heating problems caused the valve buckets to drag and allow the intake valve (left one usually) to snap shut, wearing out the valve face prematurely. The 05 is a lot better with these slight changes.

I think that IS the basis of the valve issue! Heat makes or breaks an engine! I think once the heat tolerance of a valve seat, or spring is reached and exceeded it is weakend or like shurshot said, drags. This is very very possible and makes perfect sense...