YZ250F vs WR250F

Whats the difference between em>>

IS there any major differnces!!!

:cry:

Check the FAQ at the top of the forum, this question has been asked alot. :cry:

dont be so assuming,i have an 02 wr250f but mine is fitted with 8ltr tank stock,i ride mine on mx tracks and trail you cant do that with yzf,i was at acusa park on the weekend and smoked a 03 ktm250 2stk and kept with a 520sx so its can keep with most bikes,its up to the rider.

Bottome line is the WR is more veristile.

dont be so assuming,i have an 02 wr250f but mine is fitted with 8ltr tank stock,i ride mine on mx tracks and trail you cant do that with yzf,i was at acusa park on the weekend and smoked a 03 ktm250 2stk and kept with a 520sx so its can keep with most bikes,its up to the rider.

Stating the intended design use and stock setup isnt really jumping to conclusions. :cry:

WR unless you plan to mainly ride mx track. It's that simple.

ok, so you're the best. :cry:

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

Yes he is the best.

Yeah well I'm better. I raced CRF450's and CR250's with my YZ250F BIOTCH!!!! And i beat them!!! :cry:

Remember folks: as fast as you think you are, there will ALWAYS be somebody faster!

Possum, it,s wuts for supper!

Can I get your autograph :cry: Are you a toolbox or just a young kid that doesn't know better?

My experience:

I had a KTM 250 EXC 2 stroke that I race.

I got 1 of the Early 03 WR250f's. After uncorking it and throwing a bunch of money at it,I found it was heavy, reved slow, just didn't fit me...and it just didn't do it for me.The only thing I liked was the e start.I sold it and went back to racing the KTM.

I then got a 03 YZ250F. I loved it. It is fast, light(30 lbs!!!), starts easy and well suspended.I have it set up for the woods and have raced it for the last 2 seasons. It's one of my all time favorite bikes....and I've had a lot of bikes in the last 35 years(man, I'm getting old!). I sold the KTM.

And looking back on it, if I knew then what I know now about Yamaha 4 strokes...I might have been able to come to terms with the WR.

I just picked up a slightly used Honda CRF250X. It handles nice, has great suspension,feels a lot lighter than it is,e start...BUT...it does not have the YZ's motor. I'm working on more hp now...but I have a feeling I'm going to be buying another YZ for next season. :cry:

Best bet is to hit a shop that has both and sit on them. Then decide if you want to put effort into makign a Wr work...or setting up a YZ for your needs.

just to clear a few things,mr wrf is stock except staintune exhust and twinair air filter,stock suspention. prior to getting this bike i raced an rm250,and i have riden friends 04 yz250 2strk and feel that my wrf is still a better bike.(38 years old with 20 years racing mx under my belt)