CRF 150 Shock spring fit a CR85 Expert shock ?

Does any one know if a 04 CRF 150 Shock spring fit a 04 CR85 Expert ? I called BBR and they said it wouldn't fit, but I think they were just trying to sell me one of there springs.

I have a stock spring from my CRF150 and a BRR heavier one and wanted to reuse one if possible.

Offered springs from BBR

Shock Spring CRF150F/CRF230F 12.5 kg (stock is 9.0 kg)(2003)

Shock Spring CR80/85 6.2 kg (stock is 5.2 kg)

Dave

Oh jeez, not a clue. Do you have the CR85 shock? The only way to find out is to either do it by looking, or just simply putting it on!! :cry:

the 150 spring is quite abit longer that the 80 so i don't the in so?

HOW DO YOU UNCORK CRF150

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By mean buzzen half dozen
      Hey guys,
      I will need to purchase a gasket set for my CRF230 engine.
      What gasket set do you guys like to use?
      I am thinking they are pretty much close to the same, but would like to know what you guys use.
      What is a good price?

Thanks
    • By H0ndaHunter
      Hello all,
      I have a 2005 crf230f im wanting to modify my bike as best as possible for a sumo style bike. My first thought was an engine swap.
      Has anyone done an engine swap on this bike before? If noone has what engine would be the best fit to do so?
      The 230cc engine desnt have enough umph to really be a daily driving unless taking backstreets all the way to work so im trying to see what i can do to make it have the umph.
      Some of the mods ive done include the airbox mod, a lighting kit, sprocket change (i believe i have a 42 and 13 but cant rememebr), and a jetting mod where my dad took the stock jets and drilled it out just significantly enough to make her kick as much as she can.
      Im looking at doing handlebar risers, an airbox mod on the right side of the bike for even more airflow, cr500 shock if possible. 
      I am absolutely in love with the turning radius and nimbleness this bike has. I have ridden my dads BRP and my brothers crf450r and they just cant skirt around the world like my bike can so im trying to get the power (hopefully) of a bigger bike in the body of my bike. 
      Im not looking to have to completely tear the bike down to modify the bike, but if need i can make it happen. Before i am forced to modify the frame to accept another engine, are there any straight swaps that can happen? Are there any other performance mods that can be done to get that speed a little higher without sacrificing too much reliability?
    • By JMD984
      I have an 03 CRF150F that has a pretty bad wobble in the front wheel.  It has the OEM rim on it, 19x1.40 w/36 spokes.  For some reason, Honda is REALLY proud of their CRF150F rims, and want $125 for a new one.  However, the same size front rim from an XR/CRF100 or CRF125F are only $25-$30.  I realize that the spoke/nipple sizes are different, but is there any reason I couldn't use an XR100 rim and lace it with CRF150F spokes if I drilled the holes out larger?  Could nipple size be an issue?  Center well depth?
      I'm not looking for weight savings, or bling, just a straight wheel assembly.
      Or, if nobody knows the drop-in capability, I sure could use a lesson in spoked wheel compatability.  Does anyone know a good site for learning what features really matter when trying to swap rims?
      Thanks for the insight in advance.
    • By ccasey75
      Looking for BBR upgrades for 2006 CRF230F including the following:
      Heavy fork springs
      Heavy shock spring
      BBR Triple Clamp
      BBR Linkage
      Shock upgrade
      Let me know if what you have and how much you want!!
    • By Christo6060
      They will fit with some modification I did it on my bike 2007. The 2015 through 17 has an extra mounting hole on the tank and shroud so I cut the threads off an extra mounting screw and superglued it in that hole giving it a more authentic look. Except I didn’t use enough glue on the right side and the screw fell out. I had to use spacers on the front mount. And drill a new hole on the original tank mount but that doesn’t effect the original shrouds mounting. And a new hole on the new shroud. The new shrouds also sat correctly against the tank not affecting the seats look. Pictured is the two shrouds next to each other and the bike with the original shrouds. Also pictured is the listing for the shrouds and I only  spent $30 AUD on the OEM shrouds which were listed at $35 after my offer was accepted. They came with new hardware. And it was well worth it. I hope this post was worth the time😂.