Why should I buy the WR250F over other bikes???

Iv been looking at the wr250, cfr250x and the Klx300, and cant decide, im leaning to the wr250. But im still unsure so could you guys help me decide why i should but the wr over the other two bikes. Im 5'10" 160 lbs, and do trial riding and some small jumping, but need the most reliable bike, that can handel alot of miles. (So if you think there is another bike more reliable then one of these please tell me).

Thanks alot.

Id say go for the WR, one because I have one and like it better than most of my friends bikes. I ride trails and race hairscrambles and then take it to the track every month or two. I really dont have a complaint for the bike, mine is a 02 so i have the manual decompression but that can be fixed... or you can buy a 2003+ and not have to worry about it. I think if you choose yamaha you are heading in the right direction but thats just me..

From my experience with riding the 3. The KLX300 is under powered and the carb sucks. I wouldnt recommend it to someone if they are at all aggresive.

The CRF250X it seems lighter and more nimble then the WR250, it doesnt hold much oil and form what I here has valve issues but dont quote me on that. It just seems to be more of a classic race bike and is not as well geared for dual sport as the WR.

The WR250 which I own seems to be a more subtantial(heavier feel)bike that is not a quick in the tight stuff but this translates into better straight line stablity. It much better for Dual sport where you may have a stint on the road.

I agree with all the above. I faced the same decision several months ago and am very glad I went blue. The more reliable engine was the clincher. Otherwise they are very, very similar. If you are used to lighter mx bikes then you might like the CRF more. You won't be disappointed with either red or blue so long as you don't have oil burning or valve probs which some red riders have had and Honda is in denial about.

And despite what you see here only a 3 basic and easy to do mods are necessary from stock. Grey wire disconnected, throttle stop cut, and baffle removed (insert optional for noise control). So in other words they are, practically speaking, both race ready out of the box!

The KLX300 is under powered and the carb sucks. I wouldnt recommend it to someone if they are at all aggresive.

This statement would depend on the type of riding you are doing. The KLX stock CV carb has great tractibility. And I prefer it in tight, steep hilly sections where you cannot be too aggressive. I also have an FCR carb that makes the bike fast and is preferred in more open trails. But, I can't knock the WR, I've heard they're great.

PS... The stock KLX/CV carb ridden aggressively has alot of power too, as well as traction, just doesn't have the acceleration as with the FCR.

From my experience with riding the 3. The KLX300 is under powered and the carb sucks. I wouldnt recommend it to someone if they are at all aggresive.

The CRF250X it seems lighter and more nimble then the WR250, it doesnt hold much oil and form what I here has valve issues but dont quote me on that. It just seems to be more of a classic race bike and is not as well geared for dual sport as the WR.

The WR250 which I own seems to be a more subtantial(heavier feel)bike that is not a quick in the tight stuff but this translates into better straight line stablity. It much better for Dual sport where you may have a stint on the road.

absolutely right...the 250X ratios are damn close.... but i still prefer it out of the three

The KLX300 is under powered and the carb sucks. I wouldnt recommend it to someone if they are at all aggresive.

This statement would depend on the type of riding you are doing. The KLX stock CV carb has great tractibility. And I prefer it in tight, steep hilly sections where you cannot be too aggressive. I also have an FCR carb that makes the bike fast and is preferred in more open trails. But, I can't knock the WR, I've heard they're great.

PS... The stock KLX/CV carb ridden aggressively has alot of power too, as well as traction, just doesn't have the acceleration as with the FCR.

I agree and I would like to retract the "sucked" part of my post. You are exactly right about it being better for different conditions. I actually recomended the KLX300 to a friend who just wasnt agressive as the rest of us. He loves the KLX300.