Why should I buy the crf250x over other bikes??

I am looking at the wr250f the crf250x and the klx300, im leaning to the wr250 beacuse its been around for a few years , but i need a bike that is vary reliable for me and i can stack on many miles, so can u help me, if u think the crf of the klx is a more reliable bike for me (or if another bike then one of these three is better). I ride trials and do some small jumping, but i ride alot over the summer in our badlands, so please help me. Thanks alot

I am looking at the wr250f the crf250x and the klx300, im leaning to the wr250 beacuse its been around for a few years , but i need a bike that is vary reliable for me and i can stack on many miles, so can u help me, if u think the crf of the klx is a more reliable bike for me (or if another bike then one of these three is better). I ride trials and do some small jumping, but i ride alot over the summer in our badlands, so please help me. Thanks alot

it didnt win bike of the year for nothin! i love my 250X, because everything on the bike is a step above the competition....i love the suspension (imho the best out of the three) i love the motor (tied with the wr but i like the low end on this) and i also love the ergos(no question stellar! although made for riders a little shorter than usual) this bike does all you want....if you want to jump it, you can...if you want to race it, you can..if you want to desert ride it, (although it would be somewhat foolish..i.e. 450's) and you can ride it through tight woods with no problem ( i will however admit that the wr is better in the tight stuff imo) i just absolutely love this bike...and i had a ttr 125 and drz 400 s before this.... ? whatever bike makes you feel best though, i would recommend it in this order. 250X 10 wr 250 9.5 klx 8 ?

I have had both....

I'm a 46 y/0 A rider who was riding a KTM 250 2 stroke when I got one of the first WR250F's in New England in the spring of 03.

I uncorked it, put in YZ jetting and put a FMF Q on it and a bunch of other stuff. I found it heavy, the suspension too soft, the tank a little wide, motor reved slow....and I basically fell out of love with it in 3 rides and sold it.

I then picked up a 03 YZ250F. It was fast, light, well suspended and carburated fine. I put a big tank, woods stuff and had the suspension done and raced it for the last year and a half.It's been a great bike. And with what I know now about the Yamahas...I may have been able to come to terms with the Wr.

I just picked up a slightly used CRF250X. I've got 2 rides on it.The stock suspension is great. The motor is very mellow...but is easy to ride and works( this is with the airbox opened and some jetting changes). It feels lighter than it is. It handles great. It's a small bike( I'm 6'tall with long legs)so I'll be putting on a tall seat and tall bars(did that to the YZ).I need to spend more time on it after race season to see which bike I am going to keep.

Bottom line is they are both good bikes that will need a little modification to work great.Go sit on each in at the shop and see which is more comfortable to you. And which brand has a better dealer in your area.

Good luck chosing...I still haven't decided

I have a X with a full season on it of over 1000 miles. I have hade no problems with mine at all. Only things needing replacing now are 2 thrashed tires and chain/sprockets. That is about it.

I have rode the X and wr250. They are both great bikes. I like the erganomics of the X better. But they are both great bikes.

If you are worried about reliability the WR is the way to go. They are dead reliable.

I have a friend that has the WR250. We trade back and forth. His wr is a really nice bike. But I am always glad to get me X back. And this coming from a die hard yamaha guy. I have had yamaha's since 87. The X is me 1st Honda. I have no regrets.

That is untill I rode my buds CRF450 again today. WOW what a bike ?