Mike Brown is Unemployed.

This just in off of Cycle News:

"Former 125cc National MX Champion Mike Brown will not race for the CAS Honda in the 2005 MX2 Motocross Championship. CAS Honda team owner Harry Ainsworth said that negotiations broke down and the team will now set their goals toward winning the MX1 World Motocross Championship with New Zealand's Josh Coppins.

"After a meeting with the team personnel, we have decided not to go with Brown," Ainsworth said. "After a long negotiation period we have decided it is better to put all our efforts into backing Josh to win the MX1 championship. We felt it would be better for the team and for Josh if we put all out efforts into his fight for the title. We are also looking at Jussi Vehvilainen finishing top five in the class and I think if we do everything a little better we can reach our goals for 05. The complete team needs to work harder and be a little more proffesional, and then we can be a success."

Ainsworth knows that working with just two riders in 2005 will give the team the best chance to take Coppins to that elusive World title. He also knows that while Brown might have been a great addition to the team he was not sure of winning in Europe, and was not guaranteeing the CAS team a World Motocross Championship, or even more exposure.

"We could have gone with Brown, but it might not have turned out, he's a good rider, but the way it would have worked we could have put a big effort in and come up with nothing, it was a big gamble, financially and also doubling the work load for the team, and at this stage we felt it better to do one thing correct, than two things wrong."

CAS Honda is now busy moving their workshops to Belgium where they will work out of their new facility throughout the 2005 season, giving them an easy working situation with most of the Grand Prix rounds are on the continent."

Ouch, not a big Brown fan, but that hurts. :cry:

Didn't they say on ESPN that brown would either race europe or form his own team?

"We could have gone with Brown, but it might not have turned out, he's a good rider, but the way it would have worked we could have put a big effort in and come up with nothing, it was a big gamble, financially and also doubling the work load for the team, and at this stage we felt it better to do one thing correct, than two things wrong."

So who's bettin they eat these words? :cry:

how old is mike brown ?

I hope he finds something good.

When I saw him race at Glen Helen in 03 I was impressed.

he should stay in europe just to take that f'ing championship away from them and bring it home with him.

I don't know spottedmarley, Browny can't ride a 250/450. And how long as a pro can you milk the 125/250F class?? :cry:

yeah but now there is real motivation to win for him. over there he's a championship contender, even if it is only because they suck over there.

Makes you wonder if something happened this weekend at the supercross he won. :cry:

Maybe he gave Josh Coppins the Andrew Short treatment. :cry:

yeah but now there is real motivation to win for him. over there he's a championship contender, even if it is only because they suck over there.

This just shows that you have no idea how fast the top 10 is over there. They could easily put in good results in a U.S national :cry:

Makes you wonder if something happened this weekend at the supercross he won. :cry:

Maybe he gave Josh Coppins the Andrew Short treatment. :cry:

I too wondered why fire the guy who just won. :lol: Maybe he was just trying share his experience to teach his teammate an "on the track" lesson & the powers that be didn't appreciate it. :cry: Mike is an experienced veteran, I like him. Of course he's a local boy. :cry:

:cry:

There could be a lot of reasons.

New Zealand's Josh Coppins suddenly became available.

Honda would put up more support for a MX1 title.

A preference for a Kiwi over a Yank.

More prestige in MX1.

Who knows.

I hope Brown catches a ride.

Yeah, I do too, even with all my bag'n on him and such.

How quick I am to forget, he's one of the few people that have EVER passed Bubba, and he even knocked him on his a$$. :cry:

mike brown is the biggest sand bagger but im sure hes a nice guy and he is definetly fast as hell, considering hes in his 30s and finishes at the top of the 125 class with kids who are sometimes 12 yrs younger then him lol..good luck to brownie!

Yeah, even his sand-bag'n he's gotta make a living. So to an extent you can understand.

Suprised his bud Ricky didn't get em a ride with Suzi.

i think he had tony alessi negotiating for him

Brown and Langston are going on the road with a moto demolition show.

Josh Coppins is no slow rider. He may not be able to beat Brown in supercross but he'd at least be up there with him in motocross. This is in Europe, no one cares about supercross. Last season was Josh's first season back after a long time off due to injuries. I'd be betting that they went with josh as hes been living over there a while, moving up the ranks and doesn't have to get used to the way things are run. Besides, what kind of rider won't guarantee their sponsers any more exposure, now thats shooting your self in the foot.

Still I hope things work out for Brown, hes a very dedicated rider, still racin in his 30s.

Yeah, but what's up with the whole deal? Was he dumb enough to bail out of another year on his YOT contract without actually having something signed for CAS? This whole thing is pretty wierd, sounds like Brownie got the bum's rush. :cry:

Brown To Ride With RWJ Honda In 2005

Former AMA 125cc National Champion Mike Brown will contest the MX2 World and British Motocross Championships in 2005 as part of Colin Reed´s RWJ Honda team.

Brown was reported as having signed with CAS Honda earlier this week. But, despite having made an appearance at the Sheffield Supercross event for the team, the American had not inked a contract.

In negotiations since the Motocross of Nations at Lierop several weeks ago, the 32-year-old American has now confirmed his place in the RWJ line-up and will be a high profile and interesting addition to the 2005 MX2 Grand Prix and British domestic campaigns riding the Honda CR250F - with technical help from Pro Circuit in the U.S.

Brown last competed in the World Championship back in 2000, riding Hondas for the team of Dave Thorpe. Brown finished third overall in the 125cc class and scored three GP victories. He was 125cc British Champion the same year.

In 2001, he won the 125cc AMA National title.

"Of course we are very pleased to have Mike on the team," commented RWJ Honda manager Colin Reed.

"A rider with his experience and ability with a combination of strong back-up from ourselves means that we can look forward to some good results next season.

"Everybody needs a bit of luck in this game, but I think we have a very good possibility. I first met Mike when he came to ride 250cc Yamahas for Rinaldi. Over the years we built up an acquaintance and mutual respect; I’m now looking forward to working with him."

The team is also hoping to secure the services of another former GP winner before the end of the week and a further announcement will be made.

Taken from MXlarge