Help with the sky blue wire/neutral bypass!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP ME!!! I need a quick answer for this question. I printed the instructions for bypassing the neutral switch on my 03 YZ250F. They stated that there was a sky blue wire and a dark blue wire coming directly off of the switch. Well the only wire coming from mine was the sky blue one. This led to a small white male/female connector right beside the CDI box. I disconnected the plug. Will this perform the same function as removing the wire from the plug going into the CDI box? Why do I only have the one wire coming from the switch instead of two? Please tell me this will not hurt my bike when I go riding!! Do I need to plug the connector back up and go to the CDI box plug? Man I hope not because that was very easy mod to do. Please will someone give me some much needed advise?! I hope I was reading the instructions backwards and the dark blue wire comes off of the CDI box to the plug then the sky blue wire runs to the switch. Is this the case?

Thanks,Shane :cry:

yamaha changed wiring, and the write ups generally reflect older models.

The sky blue wire is the one to disconnect, and it doesnt seem to have any affect on an 03 or newer bikes. I never saw any affect on my 03 at least (never bothered on the 04's).

It's sole purpose is to limit the rpms so you dont inadvertantly overrev it out of gear and throw the piston into the next state.

the reason people pulled it on older bikes was for ease in starting.

Dont forget the .5oz Saved :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

They stated that there was a sky blue wire and a dark blue wire coming directly off of the switch.

This is only on the WRFs. They require the neutral detect switch for the E-start. The YZFs only have the sky blue wire.