Forest service meeting... please read and attend

We probably should have some voices at these!

web page

Not trying to upstage you, but PDFs load reeeaaaalllly slow on my comp even with a broadband connection. I plan to be at the Cle Elum meeting for sure, and possibly the Wenatchee and Yakima ones too. Check out the NMA site for lots of good info anyway, but for the impatient, here is the complete list of meeting locations:

Spokane: Oct. 18 Spokane County/WSU Extension Service, N. 222 Havana St., 7-8:30 p.m.

Ione/Metaline Falls: Oct. 19 Selkirk High School, on Hwy 31, 7-8:30 p.m.

Colville: Oct. 20 Community Colleges of Spokane, Colville Campus, Dominion Room, 7– 8:30 p.m.

Newport: Oct. 21 North Portable Bldg., Old Sadie Halstead Middle School, 7 – 8:30 p.m.

Yakima: Oct. 25 Red Lion Yakima Gateway Hotel, 9 N. Ninth St. 7-8:30 p.m.

Wenatchee: Oct. 26 Wenatchee Red Lion Hotel, 1255 N. Wenatchee Ave., 7-8:30 p.m.

Cle Elum: Oct. 27 Cle Elum Ranger District Office, Conference Room 7-8:30 p.m.

North Bend: Oct. 28 Snoqualmie Ranger District, 42404 SE North Bend Way, 7-8:30 p.m.

Okanogan: Nov. 3 Agriplex Annex, Okanogan Fairgrounds, 7 – 8:30 p.m.

Republic: Nov. 4 Republic Elementary School, Multi-Purpose Room, 7-8:30 p.m.

Tonasket: Nov. 8 Tonasket High School Commons, 7-8:30 p.m.

Methow Valley: Dec. 8 Methow Valley, Liberty Bell High School Multi-Purpose Room, 7-8:30 p.m.

There is also a DNR meeting coming up: http://www.dnr.wa.gov/htdocs/adm/comm/nr04_099.htm

Not trying to upstage you,

Oh ya! my wheelie avatar is better then yours!

No worries its the message not the format!

:cry: BUMP :cry:

We had a good turnout for the Spokane meeting, at least percentage wise!

Only had about 24 people, 4 of which were dirtbikers, a couple horse people, couple ATVer's, one snowmobiler, one 4x4er and the rest, you guessed it!!!

We've already met the environmental/wilderness/hiking proponents many many times in the last couple years worth of meetings. It is encouraging when the two enviro/hiking/wilderness proponents actually LISTEN and empathize about the sorry state of singletrack motorized trails around here.

One guy that we've been to numerous meetings with is pretty cool for a hiker. He has a buddy that rides and he is actually going to hook up with him to ride at LPO! Hopefully it's not some ploy to find "EROSION" or "SILTATION" problems. I think he is sincere but we'll see.

The other one in my group (5 all together) was also a wilderness hiker guy (young guy) and he asked several questions and finally said that he didn't realize how much pressure there is on dirtbikes. He said he could see how we would feel threatened by all the restrictions and constant pressure from ATV's to take over our trails.

Hmmmmmm maybe we are making a difference? Hope so cause we have the DNR meeting Wednesday night.

Anyone going to the North Bend meeting?

I'm planning on it

Rick

I will try to make it, but might be tough with trying to prepare for the 24hr.

I'll be at the North Bend meeting. Trying to get some of the Trials Club guys to go cause our Riding area along Tinkham Road might be in danger.

I'm planning on going to the Cle Elum meeting Wednesday too if possible mostly so I can see what's in store for us at the North Bend meeting. Besides, after our ride at Salmon la Sac the other weekend, I'd like to go back.

:cry: BUMP :cry:

Harumph. My wife and I went to the alleged Seattle DNR meeting at the Mountaineers last night, and there was NOBODY from DNR there. There was one other person who had come to participate and we waited until 6:10 and then left.

Ah, they've rescheduled it to *tonight*. Nice of them to reschedule on the day of the event.

What's the head count for tonight?

1. 2ply = Curt

2. nwoffroader = Rick

3. loynz = Lorne

4. Trav?

5. Drew?

Ah, they've rescheduled it to *tonight*. Nice of them to reschedule on the day of the event.

That stinks!!

I went to the USFS Cle Elum meeting and saw Firecracker. I didn't recognize any of the other riders. Almost didn't recognize *her* with the new hair-do.. (I'm not telling) :cry:

About 25 or so people showed up. Well behaved meeting and the Off-Road user turnout was good... Maybe 90% were either Jeepers, Snowmobile or Dirt Bike Riders. No fist fights and no shouting :cry: Maybe a little heated when the word "Wilderness" came up.

There will be about 2 more years to get your Forest Use preferences in.. Be specific where you go and what you do when you go there.. You can get free CDs and other info how to help with the plan at the meetings or at their web site. But attending the meetings will give you a chance to play with colored markers and draw circles, arrows and other graffiti on otherwise perfect USFS maps.

Tonight is the same meeting at The North Bend Ranger District just East of town on the old I-90 Hwy. I know there is not as much ORV use in this area except for the Trials Riding area along Tinkham Road, but if you ride or play with Dirt Bikes, Dual Sport, 4x4 or Snowmobiles anywhere on the West Side of the Cascades, it would be a good chance to give them a head count of real people that care. Even if you just camp, take photos, mushroom hunt or anything, they need to know.

I didn't see Gifford Pinchot on the maps last night, so that area might be represented tonight.

Oh, leave your guns, knives and brass knuckles at home.. ok? :cry:

I'll be there. :cry:

I'm still in.

Rick

What's the head count for tonight?

1. 2ply = Curt

2. nwoffroader = Rick

3. loynz = Lorne

4. Trav?

5. Drew?

I know of 2 other guys at least from the Puget Sound Trials Club will be there

there is no way I can make it with preparing for the race this weekend :cry:, I got a trailer, generator, and misc other stuff to pickup after work. I hope as many others as possible make a showing though :cry:

I'll be there..(rob) and with my riding buddy Pat

I'll be wearing my black Fly Racing cap