covered motorcycle trailers

Anyone know of a inexpensive,small, covered trailer that will just fit two dirt bikes. I.E. a DRZ and a Smaller yamaha.

Ya go to home depot they sell them!

You'll want at least a 5X8 cause you'll wind up putting more in it than you think. A ramp door on the back instead of barn doors is nice to have. Lots of companies make em, just depends on what dealers in your area carry. Haulmark and Pace are two of the most common. Put a stab jack on the back so you can get in and out when it's not hitched to your vehicle without the front of the trailer poping up. Used trailers in the 5x8 to 6x12 range aren't usually hard to find either. Lots of people start out with that size then decide it's not big enough. Gear bags, coolers, tools, lawn chairs, gas cans, etc. Sometimes I wish I had a freakin semi!

You'll want at least a 5X8 cause you'll wind up putting more in it than you think. A ramp door on the back instead of barn doors is nice to have. Lots of companies make em, just depends on what dealers in your area carry. Haulmark and Pace are two of the most common. Put a stab jack on the back so you can get in and out when it's not hitched to your vehicle without the front of the trailer poping up. Used trailers in the 5x8 to 6x12 range aren't usually hard to find either. Lots of people start out with that size then decide it's not big enough. Gear bags, coolers, tools, lawn chairs, gas cans, etc. Sometimes I wish I had a freakin semi!

LOL Sounds like you know what your talking about.

I started with a truck.

Then wanted a shell

Then wanted a camper and got a trailer.

Then wanted more room for a dunebuggy.

Then got a 24ft. weekend warrior.

Then needed a bigger truck to pull it.

Then my kids grew up and left home.

Now I am dualsporting and just short day trips.

Things can sure get out of hand and when it is time to downsize your stuff is worth nothing to the rest of the world.

I am hanging on for a few more years to see if my grandkids take an interest.

Back to the original question. Buy the biggest trailer you can afford and pull. You will use it for lots more than your bike hauling and it is a good place to keep um when not in use.

Good Luck with whatever you decide.

I thought I recalled seeing them there before but wasn't sure. Thanks :cry:

What is you definition of inexpensive? (Price range)

My F-I-L bought a Home Depot trailer and I do not care for the quality of it.

I need a small trailer to double as a garage and fit in the front half of my one long parking space.Big cities su#%. I'll check out haulmark and pace. Thanks for the reply.

Well I don't know. I guess I'll eventually have to pay whatever it takes. Though I'd like to get by for a year or two on the cheap. I'll probably check out Home Despot and go from there. Thanks for the imput.

Roach, as You have stated you want to store bikes in this trailer,,, I thought I would share a story, and an observation.

At a hotel,,,, my truck is outside in the parking lot.... No bikes this trip.. I hear a male voice outside,, sounding very upset.. Out I go,, seeing if I can lend a hand.. Guy is pacing around his truck and trailer very mad.... Seems the side of his trailer has been opened like a can of sardines. Al three bikes gone,, the door is neatly locked,, but the bikes still gone. I had heard of this before,, but never seen it, or been near the incident.. Not only were his bikes gone, trailer ruined, but he and his family had to go home, and miss out on the event that had planned and traveled for..

The observation/// I was looking at a new trailer a few months ago,,, so climbed in and around a bunch of them. Very thin side walls were common.. But most had an option for up to 3/8 plywood. If I was to get an enclosed trailer,, that would be an option I considered required. They may still ruin your trailer,, and the wood would not stop them if they had the time, tools, and were free to make lots of noise.. But it would slow them down.

Extra plywood got it! The other thing I got going for me is the fact that 90% of the time the trailer will be hemmed in on all sides by all the other unfortunate city dwellers wedged in around me. Thanks for the caution Bronco. :cry: