Soldier Meadows/Black Rock Nov 12-14

Well its getting close to the time for us Truckee guys to do our annual cold ass winter dirtbike trip to Northern Nevada. I thought Id throw it out there if anyone wants to go along.

Its always a good time but COLD. We camp next to some great hot springs, ride and have dinners at Soldier Medows Guest Ranch. Its about 3 hours out of Reno in the middle of nowhere.

Sorry, no action pics.

The camp area

timspics063.jpg

timspics062.jpg

High Rock Canyon

timspics018.jpg

timspics040.jpg

Lots of history and old ranches to check out

timspics032.jpg

3 hours out of Reno that puts me 7 hours from my house.Sounds good but just a little to far for me.I would love to do anouther Moon rocks though. :cry:

Oh man thats tempting.....I think the wife would have my a$$ though. Ill be gone 4 day this next weekend..another trip is pushing it. It is UNREAL out there. My DRZ needs a Vacation like that.... :cry:

nice pictures...... :p:lol: :lol: :lol::cry: kinda reminds me of Rocky 1 :lol:;):lol: :lol: :cry: :cry: :lol: ...oh boy oh boy ;):lol: yo adrian! .. :cry: :cry: ... ah man :cry::lol::cry::lol::cry: :cry: hehe do you drink raw eggs before ya ride? :cry::lol: :lol: :cry::lol::cry: :cry: :lol::cry:

nice pictures...... :p:lol: :lol: :lol::cry: kinda reminds me of Rocky 1 :lol:;):lol::cry: :cry: :lol: :lol: ...oh boy oh boy :lol:;) yo adrian! .. :cry::lol: ... ah man :cry::lol::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: hehe do you drink raw eggs before ya ride? :cry::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry: :cry::lol:

I expected a little bit worse from you about Nevada, is that all you got Bob? :cry:

I'm going easy on ya cause I like you sharpie... you da man! too bad we went from dust to snow in truckee just like that. I wanted to come up there one more time before the deep freeze....

oh those pictures are of Nevada? kinda hard to tell.... :cry:

That weekend is my last weekend before I go to Guam for 2 weeks. A big adventure weekend would be cool well in this case-cold. I have some great cold weather gloves - MSR Cold Pros..... But I need a quality ride Jacket and no local stores have anything nor my size....I need to order one on line I guess. Then I thought for local trips I can use my regular jacket set up...but for that place I can see I would want a good ride jacket.

I'm in. Hey Bob come on up. All you need is any waterproof jacket it doesn't have to be a motorcycle jacket. Go to a ski shop. By the way, I put on grip heaters after last years ride out there. Those hot springs sure are nice. :cry:

what's the campsite like? is it dog friendly.... I guess what I should ask is are your ride loops all day events or 2-4 hours out then back to camp again?

just curious... I like adventure weekend, but 5 hours drive is too far for me... when other spost are 2-4 hours out

I'm in Got my grip heaters got time off just need studed snows and I'm ready

With the weather I might have to get an electric vest. Or just sit in the hot springs.

Man Timmy,

That place looks absolutely awesome. Wish I could pull it off but unfortunately for me it looks undoable this time. You guys have fun, be safe, and stay warm!!! Brrrrr that place looks COLD

Fryboy

I got $200.00 from good ole Mom for my birthday and ordered a new Moose Expedition XXXL jacket online. Should be here in a few days. Made me think about your ride and all.

Still 5 hours there and back is too far.. I can't get friday off so I would get one day.-all day saturday ride with ya ..and I would probably slow you guys down..... I'll pass this time. I am interested though, that place looks wild and free. That kind of trip could put Nevada back on the map for me.

have fun.. :cry:.. maybe next year, if the offer comes around again I'll join ya. :cry: