I did it!

I just bought an 04' dr650e about 30 minutes ago! I am stoked, I have a question regarding the extended warranty Marin Cycleworks is offering. $900 for 5yrs and it seems to cover everything, I have a week to decide, what do you guys think about these warranties? Thanx, Ed

what's included?

It seems that everything is included, drivetrain, suspension, frame, motor, brakes, etc... It even covers the bike if any mods have been made.

I have an '01 and opted to skip the extended warranty. I've run the bike very hard through jersey pineland sand and through the Ocala and crooms forests in Florida in the july heat.The only problem I encountered was at 6,000 miles it developed a leak from the gasket behind the cam chain tesioner. It was an oily mess but was a slow leak so I delt with that for 1,000 miles and let the dealer change the gasket when it went in for the recomended 7,000 mile service. Service and repair only ran about $200.00. They fixed the gasket problem by swapping out the paper gasket with the metal ones that the '04 models now come with so I guess you don't have to worry about that!

The bike has around 10,000 miles on it now and is still quite solid dispite the fact that I sometimes ride it like I'm trying to break it! :cry:

If you opt for the extended warranty it would be to ward off "Murphy's Law" as I guess that even the best bike can break. As a whole though the DR is solid and not prone to problems. :cry:

You've got alot of good miles ahead of you,enjoy!

Mike.

Congrats on the bike, but pass on that ripoff of a warranty. $900 over 5 years, what the hell could possibly happen for that much? Hell you could lay it down at 60 and not have that much in repairs. Always pass on these warranties, especially if 100% of the people have never needed a repair for even half of that. I have a 1990 that's got about 7000K on it, and it never needed anything after all this time.

Dude! You've got a week to decide; you bought the bike 30 minutes ago, and you're sitting at home online? For crying out loud, man... go play!

SOUNDS KINDA HIGH. WHEN I GOT MY '03 I PAID 450 FOR IT AND WHEN I GOT THE ONE FOR MY STREETBIKE ('04 ST1300) IT WAS ONLY 550$ FOR 5 YEARS. AND THAT IS A $13,000 BIKE.

Congradulations.... on the bike. The extended warranty would not be available if they thought you were going to use it. If they were going to buy your gass, oil and tires for the next 5 years and cover sparkplugs, filters and maint-repairs for your NEW DR 650 and it was 1/2 price then maby. Jest pre-pay the first maint check, gass it up and ride on. :cry::cry: