Tecate to San Felipe... and back again! THE DEMO!

Hey folks....

I've been away from TT for a while...

But thought I'd share my DEMO to my DvD I'll be selling soon....

It's one of many, that will come out to give riders the idea of what to expect when in Mex.... this first one, has been done for a while, but I had some major issues with getting through the paperwork.

Enjoy the demo off of my site.

Here's the link:

Tecate to San Felipe and Back Again, VOL1 - The DEMO!

I had to lower the quality extremely so you could stream it... and watch it. But let me know what you think... and how it came out. I'm very interested to hear your responses!!!!

Looks like a fun place to ride. If you want people to get excited about riding in that area, I think you'll accomplish that. I will admit that I fast-forwarded a little bit...it's quite a long demo.

Oh, what an interesting variety of music!

Thanks for letting us watch your demo. You did a great job. Did your girlfriend really leave you?! I'm sure your dogs have forgiven you by now.

This is great footage. We are doing the Baja next spring for the first time. Is this ride part of the Lizardlady route for the Baja. I have her GPS trail routes and guide book. ? Thanks for taking the time to post this informative video. I think I might want 16/50 gearing for that kind of riding! ? :cry: ?

thx for posting ?

I fast-forwarded a little bit...

BURN!! by a girl hehe.

sweet vid, i want to go riding in Mexico.

but i had to FF parts too.....

I am going to make a few points based on all the criticism i have received for all the bike, 4x4, and party movies i have filmed/edited.

1- Vids should not be longer then 12 min and high quality. and this is a demo?? is it a demo of the DVD. or a demo for the DVD?

2- The paramount "feature presentation" rip off clashes with your fake FBI warning. if your going to be a pirate, be a pirate "fu-k the man". if you going to be legitimate dont rip off anything.

3- the old car jumping was perfectly timed. and cool, good find.

4- love the high speed footage. but the clips shouldn't be as long as they are unless the rider and camera man are riding flat out in top rear. pushing the limit for that long.

This is great footage. We are doing the Baja next spring for the first time. Is this ride part of the Lizardlady route for the Baja. I have her GPS trail routes and guide book. ? Thanks for taking the time to post this informative video. I think I might want 16/50 gearing for that kind of riding! ? :cry: ?

Some of the routes are the same ... but not all. It's basically the same type of terrain... from desert to tree line. Awesome place to ride, you'll have a blast!

I don't recommend to high a gear unless you've been there before. You get going too fast very quickly... and have the ability to have a head on in the blind corners. But again, that's just my opinion for the newbie rider in Baja.

I run a 16/45 or 16/48 down there. Top speed last time was 105mph on the GPS.

Have fun... and thanks for the props!

Well I disagree with Simon. ? Youre movie is just great! A refreshing change from all the super edited highlight reels others put together. I enjoyed the comic intro and fbi screens. Fun touch. I really aprreciated the realistic reflection of a Baja run with fence opening and all! Thanks again! Great job! ? :cry: ?

thx for posting ?

I fast-forwarded a little bit...

BURN!! by a girl hehe.

sweet vid, i want to go riding in Mexico.

but i had to FF parts too.....

I am going to make a few points based on all the criticism i have received for all the bike, 4x4, and party movies i have filmed/edited.

1- Vids should not be longer then 12 min and high quality. and this is a demo?? is it a demo of the DVD. or a demo for the DVD?

2- The paramount "feature presentation" rip off clashes with your fake FBI warning. if your going to be a pirate, be a pirate "fu-k the man". if you going to be legitimate dont rip off anything.

3- the old car jumping was perfectly timed. and cool, good find.

4- love the high speed footage. but the clips shouldn't be as long as they are unless the rider and camera man are riding flat out in top rear. pushing the limit for that long.

I get a lot of the "I fast forwarded through some".... cool, if you're bored... then fast forward. That's why I enabled the button on the DVD! ? Also, if someone wants more "action"... then they can buy the movie, or go out and buy a Crusty Video... so they get to see all the BS too. ? I simply am making an informative movie... not a "blow your socks off" type of flick. If you're watching it for it's intent... then fast forwarding doesn't come into play so often. Also... there's things that play more into it as well. Like: Have you ever ridden Baja? Do you recognize the scenery? Are you planning a trip to Baja? ...etc...etc...

Now... it is a demo. DEMO meaning it's a portion of the movie. The movie being long, and with more scenery. But sure, to some... just as boring. I had a 10 minute or less trailer... but that was an old edit. This was newer and more fresh. Hence I took it from the movie and made it a demo. So yes, it's the first 30min of the final movie. So to make it 12min... is just as easy. But also not my intent to keep it short.

About the long scenes... I don't understand your comment. About being wide open for a long period...etc. Rephrase it so it makes sense and maybe I'll understand it better.

And personally, the "pirated" thing... well, the "feature presentation" isn't copywritten... so there's no infringement there. I think you'd pick up on the music, before anything. And with my comment about duplicating... it's more so I feel better about people thinking they can just freely distribute my work. More or less to for them to know a guy behind a computer... worked his arse off to make it. Not some large company who has deep pockets. A guilt trip if you will. IT'll work with some, but not all.

So just go enjoy it. ?

And thanks, the car in the beginning launching over the house was one of the things I almost took out. ? :cry:

I quit watching after a minute and a half into the INTRODUCTION.

What's wrong Nick???

I didn't continue helping you with your "Extreme Mount" so you can't watch?! ? :cry:

Have you done anything I can make it past the 2 minute mark??? ??

Let me know... I'd be eager to see "the master" at work! ?

?

I quit watching after a minute and a half into the INTRODUCTION.

What's wrong Nick???

I didn't continue helping you with your "Extreme Mount" so you can't watch?! ?

Have you done anything I can make it past the 2 minute mark??? ??

Let me know... I'd be eager to see "the master" at work! ?

?

Actually I knowingly discontinued communication with you when you seemed so eager to print out our correspondence. ??

Don't ask for opinions if you don't want opinions. Your intro is too friggin' long. ?

But let me know what you think... and how it came out. I'm very interested to hear your responses!!!!

You should add "BUT ONLY IF THEY'RE POSITIVE!" ?

lol... ?

No, I don't mind negative feedback. It's all good. ? However... maybe if you got past the initial 90seconds you'd see a little more substance.

And... What correspondence did I repost?? ? PM me so I understand. I'm pretty careful to not give up info. ?

But I'd appreciate more commentary on why you only watched the first 90 seconds or so... That's all I'm asking.

?

?

They did... however I can't be everywhere all at once!! ?

In fact...

You know how much rock and dirt roost I caught just to get in behind some of those guys??? The camera just doesn't let you know how close I am to them. Nor how rough it really is. The whole damn video looks smooth as silk. Even the 2' deep ravines... like 6" on the vid. Oh well.

And thanks!!

It all takes time.

Next time, I promise... some crashes, some better video (not so pixelated, I had issues with my camera on and off all weekend)... and more informative text. Also, more off the helmet video too.

?

I didn't say post, I said print out.

As for the video, I did watch past it the second time. [the first time I streamed it, couldn't skip ahead.] The half-way preview type thing where you do the introduction, a little bit of action, then the feature presentation portion totally ruins the flow imo. Not wise to do that in the beginning. You should have ONE intro, lol.

Furthermore, the introduction in general is just too long. We go from 2:05 to 2:55 just with the little astronaut thing. 50 seconds of nothingness but low budget painful glit and glamour. I'm not trying to be cynical or insulting, but I think it does more harm than good. It's like this big build up into nothing but more introductions.

Flames are cheesy. All the names and such in the flames and what-have-you would be better served overlayed on actual footage.

Engine noise would be good.

The breaking away from footage to show text like in the whoop section is annoying, makes things boring.. though I'm somewhat impatient. Again, overlaying that text would have served the same purpose and crammed more video in there at the same time.

That's about it.. Those fairly simple things would make it a load better I think. My $.02

• 2 weeks later...