Feedback on White Brothers R4 Slip-on

Has anyone used this slip-on? I am looking for a temporary quick-fix. I need a spark arrestor and my existing factory pipe does not have one.

I was going to order the Dubach or Pro Moto Billet spark aresstor then I came across the White Bros. R4 slip-on for about the same price as a spark aresstor. It is a pretty inexpensive pipe in White Bros line. Will it be at least equal in performance to my stock exhaust?

I have a couple of rides coming up in areas that require a USFS aresstor and need to make a decision soon. If I am going to spend $100+/-, will this pipe be worth it?

Mike :cry:

Works good but it's LOUD and it's all top end.

Has anyone used this slip-on? I am looking for a temporary quick-fix. I need a spark arrestor and my existing factory pipe does not have one.

I was going to order the Dubach or Pro Moto Billet spark aresstor then I came across the White Bros. R4 slip-on for about the same price as a spark aresstor. It is a pretty inexpensive pipe in White Bros line. Will it be at least equal in performance to my stock exhaust?

I have a couple of rides coming up in areas that require a USFS aresstor and need to make a decision soon. If I am going to spend $100+/-, will this pipe be worth it?

Mike :cry:

I have the R4 slip-on, but I bought the bike with it on, so I couldn't tell you the difference over stock.

But the end of the ppe is really big, with the spark arrestor right there. I had to cut a exhaust plug for it so when I wash it I can fit the plug in there. It is loud though.

If you're really worried about the noise, get the PMB with the silent insert. If it's nothing to you, myswell get the R4. :cry:

I agree with the others, the R4 is loud even after being repacked. I eventually bought the new White Brothers E2 so I could ride on public lands in California. If it were me I would save the money and buy a quiet muffler like the E2, FMF Q series or the Dr.D with the quiet core.

Thanks guys :cry: That's good to know that even after re-packing it is still a loud pipe. I think I will stick with the DR, or PMB insert for the time being.

mike :cry:

I got the R4 last yr and I like it. it seems to have given me a bit on bottom and top but a nice punch in the middle. it was about $200 new i think but i just saw some in a mailer this week on closeout for $159 on motosport.com and I think shipping was free for order over $100.

By the way putting it on couldnt have been easier. put a burrito in the microwave, change the pipe, eat then ride! :cry:

Good luck!

It's a fairly good pipe, as long as noise isn't a problem. On my '01, it improved power from the upper middle upward, and while I wouldn't say it added any bottom end, it seems like it pulls as well as it did, but starting at a lower speed.

The "quiet core" part of the arrestor is, what's the word...CRUDE. Just a washer-looking disc with a hole in it. Bound to cut power while in use, I would think.

Lighter than stock, too. Not nearly equal to a Dr.D, though.

You could buy a turn down 1.5" diameter plug for the R4 from Quiet Products. You can find them at www.quietiscool.com Cost is around $35.