DRZ -S clock problem!

Hi all,

This problem has been bugging me for a while. The clock on my DRZS will always reset to 1:00 whenever i turn on the ignition :cry:. Its not that it stopped working, it just resets. And i cant adjust the time anymore :cry:. I am sure its some electronic problem, so can any kind soul help me out with this. Can it be repaired?

Thank you very much!

Welcome to ThumperTalk gaswho! :cry:

Do the rest of the speedo functions work properly? How's your battery? Not sure if it'll help but here's an old thread about some problems I had with my computer about a year ago.

Sounds like a good excuse to get rid of that power sucking speedo and put on a TrailTech or a bicycle computer :cry: Or maybe someone else can actually answer your question :cry:

Welcome to ThumperTalk gaswho! :cry:

Do the rest of the speedo functions work properly? How's your battery? Not sure if it'll help but here's an old thread about some problems I had with my computer about a year ago.

Thanks gcvt,

The rest of the meter is working fine, the battery is fine too. You know what i will do. I will find a used digital watch, remove the straps then stick it on my meter. :cry: This should solve my prob... :cry:

Power sucking speedo? :cry: ...Might be some miniscule drag but I doubt there would be any perceptable difference...

Sounds like a good excuse to get rid of that power sucking speedo and put on a TrailTech or a bicycle computer :cry: Or maybe someone else can actually answer your question :cry:

Power sucking speedo? :cry: ...Might be some miniscule drag but I doubt there would be any perceptable difference...

Gotta mean electrial power, not hp. :cry:

Right, electrical power, not hp. That clock has killed lots of new DRZ owners batteries, including mine before I wised up and got a battery tender.

My Battery Tender is on the way...Gotta make trip back to States in Feb/March...About 7 weeks...

I don't think I'll have much of a battery problem like some though...I wired an on/off switch for my headlight so the headlight is almost never used...

Hi drjack,

Maybe i will just do without the meter...haha. Anyway thanks for your info... btw there is another type of digital meter in the market that uses power from the battery. ITs back light is always on unlike the trailtech which is only a few seconds... shows neutual light, temp light and signal light. Its made in taiwan, so guess its cheaper too... goto Koso and have a look at it.

Hi all,

This problem has been bugging me for a while. The clock on my DRZS will always reset to 1:00 whenever i turn on the ignition :thumbsup:. Its not that it stopped working, it just resets. And i cant adjust the time anymore :bonk:. I am sure its some electronic problem, so can any kind soul help me out with this. Can it be repaired?

Thank you very much!

My 2000 S model has the exact same problem. The clock resets to 1:00 every time I shut the ignition switch off. I have not been able to resolve it yet. All other fuctions work properly. I have a brand new battery and have tried resetting it several times.