Anyone ever tried these

It looks dangerous :cry: I don't like how the ring is two peices :cry:

I've never used them on a bike, but I've had good success with total seal rings in a few car engines. I'd use them again :cry:

I am using them in the 306 in my Mustang. I would not be afraid to use them on a bike.

It looks dangerous :cry: I don't like how the ring is two peices :cry:

what looks dangerous about the ring being in two pieces?

they have been around for a long time in high performance automotive applications. it seems like it would be fine in a bike engine.

They are fantastic!!!

I have some in my offroad VW sandrail that have been in for over 5 years. 9.5 to 1 compression.

Did a compression check on all 4 cylinders this summer and the were all withing a couple pounds of 170 Whooo hoooo

I was sure happy.

They were a pain to install and you do have to take care but they are going into my next engine rebuild on whatever.

ive had breakage with them in motorcycle apps.

:cry:

All I can say is we use Total Seal rings

(not the 2 piece) in our fuel dragster-

no problems at all, but they get replaced

more often than you would in a bike-

reputable outfit, but take Burned's

comments as he's had experience with

them for your application.

They look like a good idea, though...

Hi EZGZ long time no hear from bro. I'd heard of them in racing bugs too but a bike turns quite a bit faster I'd be pretty dang leary of them for a motorcycle. They work good in cars though. Doubt that helps ya any but it's better than installing and smoking your motor now ain't it. prairiedawg :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Caycee Justus
      I had a gsx-s750 and got rid of it and picked up a 2015 drz400sm this week. It's used and the last guy put knobbies on it. I'm switching back to Michelin power 2ct. stock tire size is 140/70. The current tires are 150/70. I was looking at running 160/60. Anyone know if this would be a problem? I'm just getting into the supermoto life so any other general suggestions would be great. Thanks! 
    • By Supermotofool
      I totaled my DRZ400S last year, did a good bit of work to it and finally got it running.. I want to turn this into my full stunt bike.
      I have read before about people buying a 2nd stock rear caliper & bracket - then cutting and welding it to the existing bracket, then just running a handbrake master, and a hose to the 2nd caliper. 
      Has anyone done this before? Defiantly seems to be the cheapest route to go (staying away from the junction valve / 1 master cyl. & 1 caliper setup.)
      Looking for opinions, pros/cons, and info if anyone has gone this route.. If it seems too much of a risk or hassle I guess im gonna have to spend the $500/$600 to get a legitimate setup 
      any and all comments are appreciated - except trolls.. you better be funny as hell if your gonna troll.
      Thank you all!
       - Brad
    • By 148am
      Make an offer, you pay USPS shipping. I want these out of my garage. Used, no damage.
      CST Suspension fork springs to fit 49mm stanchions in '03+ Suzuki DRZ400S, some KTM models, maybe others.
      503 mm length, 33.0 mm ID, 43.3 mm OD, 0.43 spring rate.