Here is your typical quad driver.

In a moment of weakness this summer I agreed to load up my bike and go riding with a bunch of quads at my friends place in Gordon WI. I feared the worse and my fears were not without merit.

This is what I had to deal with all day. And yes, that cooler was filled with beer.

jimswheeler.jpg

Why the hell isnt that guy wearing a helmet? Geez. He's gonna wind up dead in a ditch with a cracked skull and too much beer in his system.

Helmet :cry: Everyone knows you can't get hurt on a Quad right. :cry:

A backwards beer hat IS considered a helmet for quads, isn't it? That's as much as any of the morons will wear, anyway.

Why the hell isnt that guy wearing a helmet? Geez. He's gonna wind up dead in a ditch with a cracked skull and too much beer in his system.

Who cares, I would not shed tear or think twice about someone stupid getting killed. THe world is over crowded anyway. Here it comes. Everyone is going to say what a bad person I am. :cry:

In a moment of weakness this summer I agreed to load up my bike and go riding with a bunch of quads

jimswheeler.jpg

First of all...that is not a quad...it's a piece of farm equipment! It should have some guy in cammo riding it with a dead animal on the front. Next time go out riding with a bunch of YFZ450's or TRX450's with paddle tires and NOS out at Glamis instead. THEN make a judgement on your typical quad rider. :cry:

I could never understand what the draw is to try and ride through a mud hole anyway. A smart guy would go around it and have a lot less to clean up at the end of the day. Then again...this non-helmet and shorts wearing guy doesn't appear to be smart, with or without the "quad". :cry:

notice he could've kept his shorts and sneakers dry by going on the small hill to the side :cry:

Next time go out riding with a bunch of YFZ450's or TRX450's with paddle tires and NOS out at Glamis instead. THEN make a judgement on your typical quad rider.

NOS ? :cry: :cry: :cry: what kind of a moron would put nos in their 4 wheeler? those yzf450s look nice thouhg

who doesnt go through mud puddles!!? its all the fun tryin to make it through. me and my friends, 1 quad, were tryin to go through a 4 foot deep mud trench thats about 100ft long, we never made it all the way, but we still tried it 3 times, thats the fun stuff..and thats NOT your typical quad rider, my friend wears full gear, as do all the quad riders i know.

To be honest, it looks like fun to me.

I saw his cousin earlier today. I got back to my truck after a 45 mile ride. This guy pulls up and unloads his 'sport' quad, puts his pistol holster on the opens a beer. This is before he has ridden. He is going to drink some beers, ride for a while, then do some target shooting.

I'm glad I was leaving.

Ahhh....mud puddles. Nothing like smelling like a turd after splashing thru sewage all day. :cry:

Next time go out riding with a bunch of YFZ450's or TRX450's with paddle tires and NOS out at Glamis instead. THEN make a judgement on your typical quad rider.

NOS ? :cry: :cry: :cry: what kind of a moron would put nos in their 4 wheeler? those yzf450s look nice thouhg

somebody that wants to go really fast i know a guy that has a Z400 with a LTE pipe edelbrock carb and as big a shot of nitrous as he could put in it. im waiting to hear the story when it blows up or the bearings sieze or are just not there because all he rides is sand.

waiting to hear the story when it blows up or the bearings sieze

What kind of effect do you think drowning your machine in deep water/mud will have? :cry:

what kind of a moron would put nos in their 4 wheeler?

Get out to the drags at any popular sand OHV area and you will see plenty of bikes with NOS. I personally choose not to put that kind of pressure on my engine...but I think it is pretty bitchin' when those who do crack that little bottle and then lift off. Ever seen a $50K sandcar, with a turbocharged LS8, do a mile-long 60 MPH wheelie up oldsmobile hill...you think he is a moron too? He's a stud in my book. :cry:

My point above was that there is a world of difference between Mr. Kentucky Buford "no-helmet" up there and the sport ATV crowd. Don't stand on your little soapbox and say that 2 wheels are the only way to go, and that quad riders are all buford hillbillies, that's crap. Should I assume that because you are a dirtbiker that you are a pompous, holier-than-thou rut-digger? Of course not. Stereotypes suck! :cry:

I, like a lot of people, have both...dirtbikes for the trails and desert, and quads for the dunes. Each machine has it's purpose. My bikes generally do not get taken to the dunes, and my quads generally do not get taken to the trails.

Sure ATV's are easier to learn on, which makes them popular with the kids and the chicks. But I challenge you to try doing 10 laps on a MX track...first on a bike, then on a quad. That quad will take twice the muscle and stamina that a bike does. :cry:

Here's what a "typical" QUAD looks like in my area...

post-5-1097787440.jpg

the average quad owning person doesnt put nos in their 4 wheeler unless they race. if they do they only put in a 20 shot though right ? how does their engine handle that!

:cry: you all missed the reason why he is smilin, is the fact that he has a baseball bat sized branch up his stupid redneck ass :cry:

How bout this?

pic-of-day-10-23-s.jpg

Bufords or not, they're smiling, and that's what it's all about I guess...havin' fun. :cry: At least they're SHARING a helmet! :cry:

I think it is pretty much the drag-racing guys who use the NOS. Hard to negotiate dunes and trails while using that stuff. And it's probably not allowed in sanctioned racing either. :cry:

Get out to the drags at any popular sand OHV area and you will see plenty of bikes with NOS. I personally choose not to put that kind of pressure on my engine...but I think it is pretty bitchin' when those who do crack that little bottle and then lift off. Ever seen a $50K sandcar, with a turbocharged LS8, do a mile-long 60 MPH wheelie up oldsmobile hill...you think he is a moron too? He's a stud in my book. :cry:

My point above was that there is a world of difference between Mr. Kentucky Buford "no-helmet" up there and the sport ATV crowd. Don't stand on your little soapbox and say that 2 wheels are the only way to go, and that quad riders are all buford hillbillies, that's crap. Should I assume that because you are a dirtbiker that you are a pompous, holier-than-thou rut-digger? Of course not. Stereotypes suck! :cry:

I, like a lot of people, have both...dirtbikes for the trails and desert, and quads for the dunes. Each machine has it's purpose. My bikes generally do not get taken to the dunes, and my quads generally do not get taken to the trails.

Sure ATV's are easier to learn on, which makes them popular with the kids and the chicks. But I challenge you to try doing 10 laps on a MX track...first on a bike, then on a quad. That quad will take twice the muscle and stamina that a bike does. :cry:

nice post, i have some riding buddies that own both. One has a fully modded (Trinity everything) Banshee with NOS. When we go to Dumont he brings it out and we use the nitrous. it is completely insane. i love it. it is a little cooler though because it does have a twist throttle with all that power. i have ridden a yfz450 on an mx track out here and it is just as tiring as riding a dirtbike for an extended period of time. i like both but choose to own dirtbikes.

I would deal with that all day,as long as the beer was still cold by the end of the ride :cry:

Laters

Nutt