Here is your typical quad driver.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waiting to hear the story when it blows up or the bearings sieze

What kind of effect do you think drowning your machine in deep water/mud will have? ?

what kind of a moron would put nos in their 4 wheeler?

Get out to the drags at any popular sand OHV area and you will see plenty of bikes with NOS. I personally choose not to put that kind of pressure on my engine...but I think it is pretty bitchin' when those who do crack that little bottle and then lift off. Ever seen a $50K sandcar, with a turbocharged LS8, do a mile-long 60 MPH wheelie up oldsmobile hill...you think he is a moron too? He's a stud in my book. ?

My point above was that there is a world of difference between Mr. Kentucky Buford "no-helmet" up there and the sport ATV crowd. Don't stand on your little soapbox and say that 2 wheels are the only way to go, and that quad riders are all buford hillbillies, that's crap. Should I assume that because you are a dirtbiker that you are a pompous, holier-than-thou rut-digger? Of course not. Stereotypes suck! ?

I, like a lot of people, have both...dirtbikes for the trails and desert, and quads for the dunes. Each machine has it's purpose. My bikes generally do not get taken to the dunes, and my quads generally do not get taken to the trails.

Sure ATV's are easier to learn on, which makes them popular with the kids and the chicks. But I challenge you to try doing 10 laps on a MX track...first on a bike, then on a quad. That quad will take twice the muscle and stamina that a bike does. ?

Here's what a "typical" QUAD looks like in my area...

post-5-1097787440.jpg

I knew from your post on moose gear you must have been a quad rider spode.

I was at Glamis this past weekend...I would have shown you how to ride that quad while you chased me on my bike! Quads cant touch a bike in the dunes other then in a straight line...and even then it takes a mighty modified quad to beat a STOCK dirtbike at the drags...I prefer to drag the $80k quads...I mean play cars that can get it done!

I was camping in a big camp where I didnt know anyone since I came with a buddy...ALL were quad riders and they all had nice quads...all of them wore ugg boots, tank tops, and flesh, skin or lBZ gear which is probably cool to you and they all had 12 pack racks on the quads filled with beer.

The majority of quad riders are all the same.

Although I do have respect for the quads I race with in the dez...but they are a different breed from you average joe blow quad rider like pictured above OR pictured riding at glamis!

Quads are great for getting the beer to the hangout spot, trucking out the moose you jsut shot or for people who dont have balance and want to putt around camp!

• 1 year later...

FireMan, I definitely agree with you, I own both, love both and use both for what they are best at.

I think you just got to realize what kind of sight you are on, remember this is a primarily 4 stroke dirt bike site. Go onto a quad site and you will probably see the same thing, hell I own a ford powerstroke diesel, there's a site I go onto and they bash, Chevy's and the Chevy's bash the fords. It's all the same everywhere you go, anything you do.

I wouldn't try to talk common sense to anybody that truly believes that every quad rider is a idiot, or bike rider, or Chevy driver, ford whatever.

Crap talkin is alot of fun, but anybody who truly believes one thing about a enormous group of people , and questions this groups, judgment,skills, or even questions there morality. Is so funny to me.

I see so many threads bashing quads, I just laugh.

If you ever come to oregon look me up we can go to the dunes and i will show you a typical quad rider if you can see me with all the sand flying at you. My 70-75 horse banshee is the typical quad around here. You better get your bike on some roids cause i ain't found one that can beat me yet including 500's. :bonk:

put a single 3.5" wide tire on the back of that quad and see how it does. Lets get your quad out in the woods and see who's crying. :applause:

:applause::bonk:?????:bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:??????:prof::prof:??????????:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy:??????????????????????????????:bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

This quad topic sucks!!

Here's some info, if not for quads we would not have anywhere near the riding areas that we have now.. Considering they out sell 2 wheelers by such a large margin.. I dont like them either but that dont mean i am going to come on TT and cry and argue about it.... Wake me up when there is something worth reading....

:bonk::bonk::bonk:??????????????????????????????????????????????:eek::eek::eek::eek::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore:

the hating is so funny. I like quads, and dirtbikes. I'm even selling one of my quads to buy a dirt bike.

BUT.. I have to say this. To me, any "4-wheeler" that has a rack on it full of beer and crap is NOT a quad. Quads are like the 450r's, the yfz, etc etc. Yes.. there are MANY stupid people in the dunes that do not wear gear. I myself don't wear chest protector or pants because how friggen uncomfortable it is. You ever wear a a full set of riding gear in 110 degree weather in the dunes where there is NO shade and sitting down 50% of the time? Its horrible.

You guys are all wrong about that first photo that started this thread.....

That guy is wearing the latest in M.I.T./Caltech designed body armour known as STEALTHWEAR.

That's right, his sneakers....not sneakers at all, they are Alpine stars Tech 72's that use Tesla high voltage/magnetic fields that warp/refract light and make it look like he's wearing shorts with bare legs. Very similar to the Equipment worn by the Alien in the Predator movies.

Same with his head; that's no baseball cap.....it's again a Plasma fueled refractive indexed Helmet that can withstand a Nuclear blast directly inside, without damage.

The same goes for his jersey etc.

I worked on that equipment...and we even dropped a decommisioned Battleship on top of him in drydock......no damage at all.

Keep this highly secretive info to yourselves though............

:applause: