Legends of American Motocross

Man, I am humbled when I see these great old pictures from Charley Morey. I can remember looking at that cross up shot of Brad Lackey in MXA or Dirt Bike magazine many a time to figure out how to do that myself. Here is a web link :cry:

Your stuff is every bit as good as that. Maybe better - since you remember a lot about what was happening when you snapped the pic. :cry:

Thanks for the link. Those are some excellent shots as are all of yours. I really like the pictures of Howerton and Weinert on the back wheel crossed up with their leg out.

Good stuff. :cry: :cry:

Man, I am humbled when I see these great old pictures from Charley Morey. I can remember looking at that cross up shot of Brad Lackey in MXA or Dirt Bike magazine many a time to figure out how to do that myself. Here is a web link :cry:

I agree with ya, I discovered the magazine's around 73-74,there were lot's of 500 G.P. coverage then & I used to do crossup's on my bicycle and pretend I was Roger D, those were great day's

Yeah it's kinda wierd, you look through old MXA's and the emphisis is major on the G.P.'s. They treated the nationals like a side show back then, very little coverage. :cry:

That was because at the time the GP's were where the best riders in the world were racing. By the time the U.S. started their string of MXDA wins everyone realized the best riders were in the U.S. Now American riders don't have much care for GP's and this is also why the best riders in the world come here to race.

Great pic of Marty Smith :cry: