Nissan Titan

Looking at getting one. Look for opinions, good or bad.

Rednecks will tell you to stay away from the Titans because it's a Japanese truck (especially the ones in Texas). :cry:

It has great power, better suspension than the others trucks (Rancho). I wouldn't mind buying one if it's bigger.

I have a Ford Superduty now and love it though. 93k miles and nothing is wrong. Still on the same plugs too.

I used to own a 96 Dodge RAM SLT. Great truck but too many recalls for my taste so I gave it to my father in law. He still has it and running at 140k miles with no problems currently.

The current RAM looks like a "pimp truck".

Tundra is too small but will last the longest though.

Chevy? I don't know anything about it.

the nissan titan is an awsome truck.... Has an awsome engine and will not let you down due to mech. problems. i highly recommed the Titan. Except it wastes gas like if it was your steak dinner. :cry:

Wow! you got ballz. You're in Texas and own a Titan?

You're brave! :cry:

Wow! you got ballz. You're in Texas and own a Titan?

You're brave! :cry:

everyone in Texas loves the Titans.... i dont know where you got the idea we hated them.... i have balls.... pretty cool :cry:

1st year models always have problems. My only bad comments. Good looking trucks but this is Nissans first attempt at a full size. Got to be some issues that come along w/ that. :cry:

I've heard mixed reviews of the titan but if I was in the market for a midsized truck I'd go for a Chevy Colorado in a heartbeat... at the very least take one for a drive before you settle for the Nissan... the colorado is a damn nice little truck :cry:

I've heard mixed reviews of the titan but if I was in the market for a midsized truck I'd go for a Chevy Colorado in a heartbeat... at the very least take one for a drive before you settle for the Nissan... the colorado is a damn nice little truck :cry:

Whatever gave you the idea the Titan is a midsize truck? It's a fullsize with 9500lbs towing capacity, and somewhere around 305hp. The fuggin POS Colorado is a freaking 5 cyl updated S-10.

You want a good midsize truck, you should check out the new Tacoma. It's a lot bigger than it used to be, and has the new generation 4-Runner's 245hp motor.

And no, I don't own a Nissan or a Tacoma. I have a Chevy 2500 diesel

I am looking inte getting a Titan as well. I have narrowed it down to two choices though: the Nissan Titan Crew Cab or a Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab (with the Hemi). I have test driven both several times, and I have a hard time picking one over the other.

The Titan has more leg room in the rear, but a smaller (shorter) bed. I prefer the looks of the Ram, especially with the Sport Appearance Group option in the "Mile High" special edition package that also adds bed rails, nerf bars and other highlights. The Titan doesn't look bad at all though. The Nissan's power plant provide great low rpm torque, but the Ram has an additional 40 hp over the Titan. The Nissan is accelerating slightly faster on paper, but I felt more of a punch with the Ram. The Titan had a tendency to "jump" when starting from a stand still unless I was really careful with the throttle. The Dodge pulls away much smoother. The Titan comes with 4-wheel ABS breaks standard, the Ram only on the Laramie model. I put the Titan ahead on build quality, but that is more a feeling than based on facts (we also have an '04 Nissan Quest and have only had some minor issues with it). These are just some of my subjective observations.

I am leaning towards the Ram right now, but if I could find a Titan with exactly the options I want, then I could very well go for a Titan. It was the Titan that when it was introduced made me want a truck... well that and the fact that I was getting tired of riding my dual sport to the riding areas. :cry:

Good luck with finding the right truck for you!

I drove the Nissan Titan AND the wife drove it, strange thing though, the pass. side front seat seemed to have a forward rake to it :cry: almost like it was leaning forward, the front bottom of the seat was almost lower than the rear and when you stopped it felt like you were gonna slide out of the seat :cry: It really bugged me so we scratched it from the list and drove the Hemi SS crewcab :cry: SWEET truck, fast, looked awesome and really well made. BUT it was a Dodge :lol: We then drove the Chevy Avalanche, loved it, fast, rode like a suburban (cause it is :cry: )and had lots of gadgets and gizmos :cry: So, we bought it :lol:

My Av

The Nissan's power plant provide great low rpm torque, but the Ram has an additional 40 hp over the Titan. The Nissan is accelerating slightly faster on paper, but I felt more of a punch with the Ram.

all the dyno number i have seen for the rams and titans have the titan either at the same hp or slightly higher. either dodge really overrated their motor or nissan underrated it.

oh and the dynos show them at around 270whp.

The titans have had a couple of problems but the newest of them are now fixed before they hit the lots. I drive trucks all day long and the titans are just untouchable in terms of 'niceness'.

Whatever gave you the idea the Titan is a midsize truck? It's a fullsize with 9500lbs towing capacity, and somewhere around 305hp. The fuggin POS Colorado is a freaking 5 cyl updated S-10.

You want a good midsize truck, you should check out the new Tacoma. It's a lot bigger than it used to be, and has the new generation 4-Runner's 245hp motor.

I realize Nissan calls the Titan a full size... but Toyota also called the T100 and Tundra a full size. Its nothing but a marketing ploy to make folks think these bigger japanese trucks are on equal footing with the big 3 truck makers.

I was skeptical of the Colorado's inline 5 too til I researched it alittle bit... that little motor is pretty darned impressive. If you honestly think the Colorado is anything like the S-10 then you really oughta go look at one. Its a far nicer truck than the S-10 ever was (this coming from someone who owns and likes a S-10)

I realize Nissan calls the Titan a full size... but Toyota also called the T100 and Tundra a full size. Its nothing but a marketing ploy to make folks think these bigger japanese trucks are on equal footing with the big 3 truck makers.

I was skeptical of the Colorado's inline 5 too til I researched it alittle bit... that little motor is pretty darned impressive. If you honestly think the Colorado is anything like the S-10 then you really oughta go look at one. Its a far nicer truck than the S-10 ever was (this coming from someone who owns and likes a S-10)

ok now your just giving wrong information. the t-100 was never a full size truck and toyota never said it was. it has always been a mid size truck. the tundra is a full size truck. you may not think it's big enough, but it IS full size. The nissan titan is ALSO full size. go look at the demension and specs on it at the nissan webpage. then you can come back and give an educated opinion.

The colorado is built better than the s-10's were but the s-10's seem to have had more power. i know the s-10 had about 30 hp less but the colorado's are gutless. A friend of mine from work has one as a rental and the stupid truck woudn't even do a burnout. i don't know what the deal is with it. It was the 3.5 liter vortec for sure too. i had him pop the hood because i was convinced it was a 4 banger.

ok now your just giving wrong information. the t-100 was never a full size truck and toyota never said it was. it has always been a mid size truck. the tundra is a full size truck. you may not think it's big enough, but it IS full size. The nissan titan is ALSO full size. go look at the demension and specs on it at the nissan webpage. then you can come back and give an educated opinion.

I took your recommendation and compared the dimensions of the Silverado 1500, Titan and Tundra, all extended cab 2wd shortbed trucks.

The silverado is bigger on almost every dimension. The japanese trucks have more ground clearance (on the 2wd models) The Nissan is the bigger of the 2 japanese trucks... the Tundra falls well below the specs of the silverado.

As for the T100, when it first came out, the commercials clearly stated "Japans first full size truck!" :cry:

Ford, GM/Chevy, and Dodge will continue to lose market share. No matter how argue it, it's just a matter of time.

Nissan and Toyota is in it for the long haul. Toyota is building a plant in San Antonio to build their next generation of the Tundra in 2007/2008.

The Titan is a "fullsize" truck. There is no doubt about it.

The Tundra needs to grow. It looks like a big midsize.

I think it's great that Nissan and Toyota are geting into the mix. It will force the Big Three to build their trucks better. In the end, we all benefit.

When I have to spend over 30k on a truck, there is no such thing as "brand loyalty". I pick the best truck that will last the longest and cheapest to maintain. All I can say is that I will never buy another Dodge again. Ford is way more reliable.

I think it's great that Nissan and Toyota are geting into the mix. It will force the Big Three to build their trucks better. In the end, we all benefit.

I couldn't agree more. Competition is good!

All I can say is that I will never buy another Dodge again. Ford is way more reliable.

And others, like my father-in-law who is coming off a Ford truck, will vow to never buy a Ford again. You can have a bad experience with any brand, I that will of course make you less inclined to be "brand loyal". That's why it is good with competition, you can always try something else. Nothing wrong with that. Hopefully with increased competition, all brands will get increased build quality and more useful features for a better price.

I just brought home a new Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab today and I feel very good about it. I feel it is the right truck for me and my family. At the same time, I completely understand that the choice I made would be the last choice for others. But that is ok, I bought the truck for myself and my family, not for anybode else. :cry:

In two, three or four years when it is time for a change, I may end up going for a Nissan, or a Toyota, or a Ford, or something else... whatever will be the right truck for me at that point in time. For now, I am going to enjoy my Ram and the fact that I now finally am able to haul my bike places and go riding! :cry:

I have a 96 Ram 1500 4X4 and its as reliable as a hammer, don't know what you do to yours. I'm currently test driving an 04 F150 FX4. Sweet driving and riding truck, but it doesn't feel any faster than my Ram and its supposed to have 80HP more. :cry: I'm going to try to get a test on a hemi Ram 4X4 Monday. The Titan seems like a good truck, but the interior seems kind of cheesy to me, and there is only 1 dealer in the area, and they have a terrible attitude. If they act crappy during a sale, I'd hate to see their follow up.

I'm going to try to get a test on a hemi Ram 4X4 Monday. The Titan seems like a good truck, but the interior seems kind of cheesy to me

The Hemi 4X4 is the one I got and it measured up well against the Titan. I prefered the feel of the Hemi though, but if your towing then maybe the Titan would feel better with its higher torque at lower rpms. I am with you on the interior of the Titan... I had expected better quality. But it is all a matter of personal taste...

I found the following web site to be rather helpful when trying to find out differences between the full size trucks. It compares the full-size, four-door, four-wheel-drive 1/2-ton pickups from the "Big 3" as well as the Titan. It has good things to say about all of them. Or as they sum it up: "...if a manufacturer could slip the Nissan V8 and transmission, the F150 chassis and suspension, and the Chevy's seats and dash into the Doge Ram body, you'd have a 4x4 four-door pickup that appeals to everyone."

So if you're in the market for a new truck, take your pick. Get what makes you happy!

Highly subjective topic...

If you are in the market for a half ton gasoline powered truck I think you would be foolish to not check out a Nissan or the Toyota for that matter.....I do have an issue with those sub 6.5 beds though. :cry:

Just so you all know the 05 Tundra has 42 hp more than last years, and a sweet shifting 5 speed auto. You can feel the power difference

As for the size- Yes a Tundra is like a 9/10 ths scale truck which is fine with me. I don't need to park a jumbo sized truck around the tight spots I live with daily.