RMZ250/KXF250 STOCK CAM WELD

IF YOU ARE USING THE STOCK CAM YOU SHOULD WELD OR HAVE THE TIMMING CHAIN SPROCKET WELDED TO THE CAM JUST A GOOD TACK IS OK THEY HAVE BEEN SLIPPING AND 0 TOLORANCE MEANS BROKEN VALVES AND MORE!

or you could just keep em tight :cry:

The cam sprockets are pressed onto the cams and can slip, putting the cam out of time... So you cannot tighten them !

Have a qualified welder TIG the sprocket to the cam. Weld approx 2mm in length in 2 spots opposite to each other.

Only 2mm of weld?? That's about 0.08"

Ride on

Brewster

Your right though they are pressed on and slip and boom

Yes a small weld will do if u weld to much the balance can be off and vibration can occur

Yes 2 mm.. Thats the thichness of 2 dimes. It doesn't need much. Have a qualified TIG welder fuse 2 spots opposite each other and do not add any material. Adding welding rod will throw them out of balance.

Am I the only one who's had is cams indexed?

I've got slotted sprockets that "bolt" on. Must be a kit part.

Check with Pro-Circuit or your favorite 4-Stroke engine builder. This should be a pretty easy mod for them or they may have an aftermarket part.

Good Luck,

Manny :cry:

Manny, you are not alone, got any numbers you wish to share as far as LC settings. I'm just wondering since the stock RM/KX values are somewhat different from the 5 valve 250f Yamaha.

PK