Do roll-offs work well for dust?

Do roll-offs work well for dust? Here in So. California we have more dust than mud. I would just use tear-offs but the very small tree-hugging part of me doesn't want to litter in the forest.

I saw a bunch of people using that at the last CC race I did and it was VERY dusty.

I'd say it helps til the dust gets between the roll off and the goggle.

I use mine in the rain, but they go fast. :cry:

Cheers,

Roll offs and tear offs are not for dust. Use Endust on the lens to reduce the static electricity. Rolloffs and tear offs are for mud. NOT RAIN , NOT DUST. IF Rainy use RAIN X , IF dusty use Endust.

Cher'o,

Dwight

Roll offs and tear offs are not for dust. Use Endust on the lens to reduce the static electricity. Rolloffs and tear offs are for mud. NOT RAIN , NOT DUST. IF Rainy use RAIN X , IF dusty use Endust.

Cher'o,

Dwight

Exactly :cry:

IF dusty use Endust.

Cher'o,

Dwight

OK, excuse my ignorance but do you mean Endust as in the furniture polish? I would have thought it would blur the lense.

Roll offs are better than tear offs for dust, I use them when racing. Scott makes special lenses that make the roll off stick staticly to the lense and no dust gets under the roll off part of it. I have used armor all on the outside of the lense as well, you have to clear is off with your glove, but it comes off easily. :cry:

Every time i go out for a race or ride I run roll offs no matter what the conditions are, there the best system for keeping your vision.

IF dusty use Endust.

Cher'o,

Dwight

OK, excuse my ignorance but do you mean Endust as in the furniture polish? I would have thought it would blur the lense.

Spray it on and buff it off. Works great. As does Rain X in the wet. Too much static electricity for Rolloffs in dusty conditions they wouldn't be nessesary anyway.

Dwight

on those dusty days with big groups i put a little sun screen on the foam vents top and bottom of my goggles. this work like the airfilter on the bike, keeping the dust on the outside. give it a spray with windex for clean up.