Best way to lift YZ426 onto a frame stand

Is there a technique besides just hefting the thing on? I got it on, but it was pretty awkward.

If you're on the left hand side of the bike, put one arm on the bar and turn the wheel all the way left till it locks. Put your hip on the side of the bike, grab the end of the bike on the right hand side (dunno about the 426, but the 250 has a airbox/grabhole on the numberplate) then pick ip up, then move the bike over with your hip. You can also use your knee...

Thanks. Turning bar to full lock helped. Still a good way to pull something...

:cry: this is going to be another 3 page thread . why would you waste a sattelites time with ?????? like this ? like sam kinison would have said , " get someone to f-en help you!" and im going to add this to my favorites just so i can give you a bad time!!

Forkhoist :cry:

Too funny.

I have seen someone load a YZ426 in the back of a 3/4 ton dodge 4+4 on flat ground... by himself. :cry:

1 Get beside the bike

2 One hand on the handlebar and one in the opposite opening under the seat.

3 Lean the bike on your hip.

4 Clench your teeth and lift IT !

5 Drop the bike on the stand.

6 Stop clenching your teeth.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Or get someone else to do it.

Is there a technique besides just hefting the thing on? I got it on, but it was pretty awkward.

yes. the best way to get a 426 on a stand is to let someone else do it. sell it and get a YZ250.

jeremiah

Put bike in 1st gear

rev motor

pop clutch

slam on front and rear brakes as soon as front tire clears the stand

Might take a while to perfect...

practice it on your friends stand first

Seriously though...It seems that you could put ramps on either side of the stand so that you could roll it into place...

Put bike in 1st gear

rev motor

pop clutch

slam on front and rear brakes as soon as front tire clears the stand

Might take a while to perfect...

practice it on your friends stand first

Seriously though...It seems that you could put ramps on either side of the stand so that you could roll it into place...

I saw some pics (I think in Dirt Rider) of a trials rider doing that exact thing. :cry:

Save yourself the time & trouble, buy yourself a steel lift stand. Stay away from the Alum ones they bend the legs to easy.

I know, I owned a 426 and when you come in hot, and wore out the last thing you need it to lift that beast onto a stand.

:confused:Mine's not "THAT" heavy.Try liftin' some weights. :cry:

1 Get beside the bike

2 One hand on the handlebar and one in the opposite opening under the seat.

3 Lean the bike on your hip.

4 Clench your teeth and lift IT !

5 Drop the bike on the stand.

6 Stop clenching your teeth.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Or get someone else to do it.

:cry: That was pretty much my technique, but I did not clench my teeth. I'll give it a try next time. :cry:

Save yourself the time & trouble, buy yourself a steel lift stand. Stay away from the Alum ones they bend the legs to easy.

I know, I owned a 426 and when you come in hot, and wore out the last thing you need it to lift that beast onto a stand.

I made my lifting stand out of steel. Has held up gread and no bends so far. If you need plans for it throw me a PM.