Av Gas or unleaded

Did a search not much is said. Even though the manual says don't run leaded i know alot of guys are.

I ran 50/50 mix, Avgas/91 in KXF. A mate runs unleaded 96 and has no problems.

Whats the go for YZF :cry:

I run 25 - 30% toluene to 93 premium gas. Much to the chagrine of those that cant make any money off of it. :cry:

LOL dont run any leaded gas my #$$. I have been runnig av gas for 2 years and let me tell u it still runs very close to the time that it was new. Av gas last longer, burns really clean and isnt as exspensive as vp 4. So run the av gas. Pull the holeshot and dont look back. :cry:

If you're looking for maximum horsepower, go buy yourself a bucket of VP Ultimate-4. It is custom fuel specially designed for high rpm 4-stroke motorcycle engines. It is 95 Octane and has a high oxygen content. It is good for 3 horsepower on a 250F!

Feel free to experiment with AV Gas if you wish. Assuming your running 100LL, which most piston engine aircraft run, you won't see optimum power. 100LL is designed for low rpm, high altitude, multipiston aircraft that hold a steady rpm. This couldn't be farther from how a 250F engine runs!

At any round of Supercross, you will find that the privateers will be running U-4. They do this to try to make their power closer to the factory boys. You won't find anybody running airplane gas at a motorcycle race.

thanks for replys, will run avgas/91 see how she goes. :cry:

Question: I run unleaded 93 gas from the pump and add "energizer" that bumps up the octaine. Is this a good pratice or am I looking for trouble? I dont get to really open the bike up more than once or twice a month... other than that I just ride locally in the woods at lower speeds.

thoughts?

It depends on how good the pump gas is and what exactly the snake oil you plan to use is made with.

In the first place, you won't get a thing from an increase in octane, since 93 is enough for your engine to avoid knocking.

If the fuel is really cheap stuff, and the "energizer" is something that will actually boost the energy content of the fuel in your engine, you might get something out of it.

But most likely, if you just send me the money instead, I'll be happier, and your bike will run just as well.

your from new zealand and have a britton on your signature, but not listed under the owned vehicles? just kidding i was road racing before i started moto x, i must say that the britton is the most beautiful bike ever made, not to mention the technology. :cry:

Stay away from avgas in your bike. Aviation gas is made for airplane engines that run at high altitude and have the ability to adjust air/fuel mixture on the fly. Aviation gas is very inconsistant in specific gravity since it does not have to adhere to the same testing standards as automotive motor fuel.

Diito on the above post. AVgas is a no no.

Yeah when i used to have a 125 i ran it in that talk about a melt down. hole new crank not fun.

your from new zealand and have a britton on your signature, but not listed under the owned vehicles? just kidding i was road racing before i started moto x, i must say that the britton is the most beautiful bike ever made, not to mention the technology. :cry:

Your right about Britton but in NZ we gotta use what we got to get noticed :cry: I see it worked :cry:

Thanks for comments about fuel :cry: