Will you please help us?

This appeal is to all of you.

I'll try to keep it short:

I live in Lincoln, Nebraska. Our state has almost *zero* public riding areas. For the last year, a local surgeon and ex-racer has been working to get a track put up on his own land, funded with his own money, on his own time. Long story short: The Audubon Society has shut him down with lawyers. :cry:

Update: His efforts *may* prove to be successfull with a different piece of land in Lincoln that has recently been purchased. They have conducted sound tests and have found that the sound levels are acceptable. (The surrounding properties are industrial, not residential)

Here's where you can help us.

This issue will reach the Lincoln Lancaster Planning Dept in November or December. I am asking you to help suport our hopes for a legal, safe, and organized place to ride by sending a simple e mail to the following address:

plan@ci.lincoln.ne.us

All it has to be is a simple one-line e mail that says "Please support the proposed MX track west of Sherman Field." or something similar.

Please do not send any message that is derogatory or inflammatory. That does not help our cause. We have wanted a legal place to ride forever in eastern Nebraska, and this is as close as we've ever gotten. It would probably take you about 30 seconds to send this e mail. But if it passes, it will be priceless to us.

Done. :cry:

Good luck, the industrial area might be key to it working this time.

They have conducted sound tests and have found that the sound levels are acceptable. (The surrounding properties are industrial, not residential)

done :cry: good luck and tell us how it turns out

Bump once or twice.

Done again, please let us know how it turns out.

Kaos, :cry:

Done deal!!

Just got this email back, they are going out to take a look at it Wed.

Hopefully you can get a bunch of riders to turn out for the hearings.

Good luck, hope it gets approved..!!!

----

Thank you for submitting your comments on Special Permit No. 04057, which

have now become part of the record. A copy will also be distributed to

each Planning Commission member for their consideration prior to the public

hearing, which is scheduled for this Wednesday, October 27th, beginning at

1:00 p.m.

There will also be a public on-site field demonstration on Wednesday,

November 3rd, at 2:30 p.m., at 201 West South Street, with continued public

hearing and action anticipated at the regular meeting of the Planning

Commission on Wednesday, November 10th, beginning at 1:00 p.m.

--Jean Walker, Administrative Officer

City-County Planning Department

441-6365

I got the same email today too, If you would like to fly me out to your area I would be happy attend the track viewing!! Better yet I would be happy to throw a roost too!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry::lol: :lol: :cry: :cry:

Good luck!!