silkolene oil ?

I just changed to a synthethic oil :cry: i'm using silkolene the oil is red. i've only used "normal" color oil in the past "brown". non synthethic. As the oil wore the color would go twored black when dirty. Now that i'm using synthethic can I go longer before oil changes. Currently i'm going aprox 45-50hrs and does the oil dictate when it is dirty being that it is red does it shade to the black side?

You'll get a wide range of responses on this one :cry: Are these street or dirt miles? That's a long time between oil changes...particularly if those are dirt miles. When I use silkolene it's red going into the motor and red coming out. :cry:

all dirt riding. After thinking about it after posting im probebly going about 25hrs between changes. drz400e the manual calls for 60 hrs between changes that sounds like quite a bit.

I probably get ten hours of actual engine running time before I change. That is off road hours. If it is really dusty then I'll change more often. Oil may seem expensive, but only until you have to rebuild an engine.

Yeah what 10 guy said goes for me too. prairiedawg :cry: :cry:

I probably get ten hours of actual engine running time before I change. That is off road hours. If it is really dusty then I'll change more often. Oil may seem expensive, but only until you have to rebuild an engine.

Thats about what I do! Even if the oil looks clean. :cry: