mini-ish motard tires and sizing

okay so i've called up some local wheelbuilders and i'm feeling good about my plans to sm my wifes wee super sherpa (a 250 thumper). the bike currently has a 2.5" x 18" rear rim with a 110/something tire on the back and a 2"ish x 21" front rim with a 90/something rim on the front.

my question is, i'm looking at the bridgestone bt45's (got any better suggestions?) to mount onto 2.5 x 17" on both the front and rear and i was wondering...

1. i measured a good 20+mm clearance on -both- sides of the rear (with the stock 110) so do you think a 130 would easily fit? i would think so since it would leave a little more than 10mm on each side which seems like it would be more than enough on a bike with such little hp.

2. if the 130 would fit, would you lean towards a 130/80 or 130/90? i'm thinking 80 since it would be on the smaller side of rim width and their 80 is H rated compared to V. which is closer to weight and speed of her bike.

the info i'm researching from is on this page...

http://www.motorcycle-karttires.com/product/Product.asp?group=2&nameID=3&typeID=5

thanks

droo