OT NEW BIKE PRE DELIVERY INSPECTION

Just got back from my new ride on my new bike, I looked down and noticed this, one of these pictures is different then the other, can you tell me what is different? This is what I'm talking about when I say that the 18 year old kid prepping my bike is an idiot...(or whatever age he may be). Does a pre-delivery inspection consist of hot lapping the bike and roasting off the fresh tir? When I used to be a tech, we used to check for things like this, potentially DANGEROUS crap like this.... I won't name the dealer, because it was bought through a friend but come on "techs", you spend this much money on something, you don't want stuff like this....I guess I really should have checked the bike more throughly before the first ride. My fault ??

2.jpg

1.jpg

By the way, still got the crf450 so don't flame me too hard for buying a new yz250... can't beat it on the track if you want to flick it.

I would normally go over anything new I buy, but that is unacceptable and I would go to the owner of the dealership and ask if they would want to ride a bike prepped in this manner. Maybe then the owner will have a chat with the tech.

Those are just for adjusting purposes. Who cares? As long as the axle is tight enough it poses no threat. Maybe the tech really didn't want to strip the bolt. Having that adjuster loose is a hell of a lot less important than having the t-clamps tight or the bars tight. I don't mean to get on your case, but that is a minor problem. Like I said, if the axle bolt is snug there is no reason that the chain adjusters need to be out. They don't even serve a purpose besides moving the tire back.

Anyway, how is the new YZ? Pretty light? I want to get that YZ 125, I bet it rips. No torque though ?

They don't even serve a purpose besides moving the tire back.

Of course they do. They keep it from pulling forward too.

Do us a favor, take your's out and take your bike for a ride.

I guarantee it moves

TJ, you are absolutely right!! i forgot to tighten the lock nut after adjusting my chain on my '91 cr250. i torqued my axle at 95ft/lbs (tighter than spec). the sprocket side bolt went in the same way as in the photo and the chain ended up cracking the engine case.