Slight bog?????

'01 DRZ 400E.....did full Yosh, pulled snorkel, changed to a Twin-Air, and it ran nice. Went ahead and had it jetted as recommended (165 main as suggested and the pilot was changed too). It runs real strong and the power is improved, BUT...I sometimes get a quick bog when I jump on it and then it comes alive and takes off. Im nervous that if I need to wheelie to overcome something, it may bog. If Im in the powerband at the right rev, then it's not a problem, but if the rpms drop and I do it, it hesitates (bogs) like it's getting too much gas. Any thoughts? :cry:

we'll try to take it up in the hills tomorrow :cry: see how it does :cry:

did you move the needle to clip 5?

did you move the needle to clip 5?

I would suspect he (the mechanic at Corona Motorsports) did but I'll double check Monday. I usually wrench on my own bikes, but spare time was a factor this week and I wanted it done. It runs killer, but I was to eleminate that bog.

Anyone else have a thought? Rode again and it's real strong, just that slight bog when I jump the throttle. :cry:

is the clip on needle 5?

the 48 pilot may be to rich as well.

is the clip on needle 5?

the 48 pilot may be to rich as well.

I still need to check the clip. I was just wondering if there are any other ideas. One friend said (I believe this is what he mentioned) that is could be the accelorator pump?...or something like that. Anyway, rveyone kept saying 48 was the way to go and thats what the mechanic said as well. If I had my manual here I'd tear into the carb. I've never worked on a DRZ (just got this one recently) and I don't want to get over my head.

everyone wasnt me.

i need to know the exact jetting to help you.otherwise its just guessing.

everyone wasnt me.

i need to know the exact jetting to help you.otherwise its just guessing.

Ok I'll check. I gave the wrong info.....it's a 148 main and around a 42 PJ.

148 main is to lean unless your at least 4500 ft.42 pilot is to lean every where.

Where the heck is the fuel screw on this thing??

fcrfuelscrew.jpg

Thanks! Mine runs real strong if Im in the throttle when I hit it. I just have that bog if I nail it within the first 1/4 throttle. Im calling the mechanic who service it to see double check where he set the clip and what jets he used.

fcrfuelscrew.jpg

DRZCarb.jpg

Mine looks different. Is the other pic of the bottom or side? I can't find the stinking screw! :cry:

same carb.its on the bottom front of the carb.

fcrfuelscrew.jpg

DRZCarb.jpg

Mine looks different. Is the other pic of the bottom or side? I can't find the stinking screw! :cry:

Top pic is the bottom of the carb, with the top of that pic being the part that faces forward.

Bottom pic is the left side of the carb.

As burned said.. the screw is on the bottom... but unless you have an extended screw,, you will not see it from the side while the carb is installed.. Look at the top pic.. you can see the stock fuel screw is recessed up in the carb...