baffle removal.....

is the a need to re-jet to remove the baffle or can it be re-moved without it..... :cry:

I removed the baffle on mine and rode it for months with out changing jets. I found an improvement by raising the needle one clip position. This was done while baffle was still in place. Improved performance even in stock configuration. This was on a 230, but I presume 150 would benefit from same mods. Removed baffle was a noticable improvement, as was needle clip change !

any other opinions? :cry:

On the obvious next mod........ Airbox inlet removal. If you take this out, you will HAVE to make jetting changes (main), no ifs, ands, or buts. The bike will have a clear performance DECREASE anything above half throttle. It will be too lean. You will HAVE to install a larger main jet.

Amazing as it may seem, These bikes(230's anyway) are running on the main jet after about 1/2 throttle. Because the airbox inlet is restrictive enough, and has been formulated into the jetting, The enrichment comes from the reduced inlet!! Once the airbox inlet is removed, the carb needs a bigger main jet to enrich the circuit/s.

so just taking the baffle out wont decrease any performance in the bike? is this right? :cry:

It should IMPROVE performance noticeably with no other changes. This is my opinion, after completing the same mods.

so the baffle is the black thing in the center right? thats all i take out... dont want to start the bike and watch the exaughst blow! :cry:

If you lok in the stickey, it has pictures on what you need to remove.

doh... i forgot about that... :cry:..... so after u just screw the "screw" back in?

if iam right there should be a hole where the baffle was... right? :cry:

if iam right there should be a hole where the baffle was... right? :cry:

Bingo. Just dont worry about it :cry:

it sounds awsome now! didnt know my bike could ROAR, sounds like a kitten with the baffle in.... My bike sounds so great my next door neighbors complained... :cry:

it sounds awsome now! didnt know my bike could ROAR, sounds like a kitten with the baffle in.... My bike sounds so great my next door neighbors complained... :cry:

They'd hate my yammie then :cry:

After raisng the needle clip, turn your pilot screw out about a 1/2 a turn also.

Thumpher,

You may want to check that. I think he should LOWER the clip to RAISE the needle, to richen it up a tad.

Thumpher,

You may want to check that. I think he should LOWER the clip to RAISE the needle, to richen it up a tad.

I didnt post anything like that. The only thing I posted was aobut the hole on the exhaust and my yammie being loud.

Dude, there are three things involved here; Air intake, Fuel mixture, and exhaust output.

So, leaving the bike stock, but removing the baffle, won't make much performance difference.

You should do all of the uncorking mods, meaning to de-restrict the intake, jet the carb rich, and open up the exhaust as much as possible. Power will be greatly improved.

You do all that, and the bike will run great, and sound great too.

HOW DO YOU UNCORK

HOW DO YOU UNCORK

Like I said, look in the stickey, it will tell you how to.

what sticky are talking about