Jet Kit question

Ok the wifey tried to be nice and got me a FMF stage 2 jet kit..Is it worth the time to install??

02 400s with FCR carb and full fmf titanium head pipe and muffler. 500-1500 elevation...

What is your current jetting? How do you like it? What is in the Kit?

The current jetting is what came in the bike with the fcr

carb and stock exhaust. I added the mid pipe and muff and didnt seem to have any problems, but I just installed the powerbomb head pipe and have not got to romp on it yet.

In the kit:

Main 128, 132, 136, 140, 144, Fuel Needle, E-clip, Adj Washer, Main jet adapter I read theat the kit is made by Dynojet for FMF

thats a dynojet kit for the fcr.you do have a fcr,but thats not the kit you want.you want a JD kit.

the F taper needle in the dynojet kit doesnt work.

I shall call the TT store and get the JD ordered asap...Any reason to keep this kit or just return it and get the $35 back?

Thanks Burned

send it back.

shes a good lady! :cry:

You have no idea how good she is!!...21/18 black excel/silver talons, stealth sprocket, and braking oversize kit, fmf jet kit and michelin ms12s ....I think I shall keep her around for another week... :cry:

thats a dynojet kit for the fcr.you do have a fcr,but thats not the kit you want.you want a JD kit.

the F taper needle in the dynojet kit doesnt work.

Ok the kit is here and I am ready to destroy a perfectly good carb!

3rd clip from the top, 165 jet and 2 turns out??? Or do you rec anything better?

i reccomend a 160 main jet.follow the rest of the kit instructions exactly.

What advantage would that be? I took out a 165 and OCD-VR needle it ran pretty good before, just back fired on deceleration and had a mild dead spot on accelertion. Remember I am a jetting tard...My other bike has fuel injection so plug the lap top into the port on the back of the bikes computer and adjust with the push of a button....This needle/jet thing is unfamiliar territory.

the 165 main jet is to rich.the 160 will make more power.

the dvr needle is really lean off idle.

did the bike idle ok previously?

the new set up will be worlds better than a dvr needle.

Let me go kick this thing around out in the dirt for a few minutes, I shall return in 15min with the verdict...

Perfect except the idle..It seems low.

turn the idle speed screw in.

The black knob on the end of the cable? Its maxed out

Sounds like you may need to adjust the pilot circuit also. What Pilot air jet are you running and what pilot jet? How many turns out is the fuel screw?

Pilot circuit....sure!?!

Pilot Air jet...The green one!!?!

Pilot Jet....um...False!?!!

Fuel Screw, Now I can answer that one...2 turns out

Pilot circuit....sure!?!

Pilot Air jet...The green one!!?!

Pilot Jet....um...False!?!!

Fuel Screw, Now I can answer that one...2 turns out

Ok Ok jetting tard I get the point.... :cry:

What did the carb come out of originally?

Try turning the fuel screw in 1/4 or 1/2 turn and see if the idle goes up and response improves.