Sign in to follow this  

TTR125 BBR Skid Plate

Bought a used BBR frame cradle/skid plate for my son's 03 TTR-125LE. Having trouble getting the lower (of two)frame bolt holes to line up. It appears the engine mount that wraps around the frame near the starter is preventing the frame-cradle from sliding into position. Is the BBR skid plate supposed to fit the E model? Is there a trick to get it to fit? Or should I be looking for a different brand of skid plate?

it'll fit 😢 I removed the complete exhaust to install mine, I installed the two rear bolts first, then twisted and wrestled the front bolts in. It was tough because when you remove the factory skidplate the entire bike kinda twists like its missing valuable frame 😢

bbr2.jpg

it'l fit, e model just means electric start. i put mine on, and the top part was touching the exhaust, go i got my grinder out and grinded it down, and it fit's perfect now. 😢

Thanks to those that responded. Still couldn't get it to fit, so I called BBR. They provided great tech support even though I bought a used skid plate. The reason it won't fit my son's bike is: I bought an older skid plate and the older skid plate doesn't fit on the electric start model. BBR redesigned the skid plate so that the current version fits all TTR models. FYI, the older version of the skid plate has a SINGLE TUBE on each side of the skid plate whereas the redisgned model has a TWO PIECE TUBE (as evidenced by the weld bead a 1/4 way down the tube) on each side of the skid plate.