Sign in to follow this  

What will i have to do to make my stock 250X beat a stock yz 250F

umm.....try to list the free mods first...also, if the baffle is taken out, can it be put back in?

nah, im happy with owning the bike of the year 😢 i just need to know how to beat the yz...

From everything I have seen and read...It takes twice the cc's for a 4 stroke to keep up with a 2 stroke....Not sure there is much you can to but get a bigger bike....

There is no replacement for displacement.... 😢

Ride faster, dummy. If you wanted to beat YZ250Fs, you should have bought a CRF250R. Simple as that.

From everything I have seen and read...It takes twice the cc's for a 4 stroke to keep up with a 2 stroke....Not sure there is much you can to but get a bigger bike....

There is no replacement for displacement.... 😢

did you completely miss the big "F" after the yz 250 in my post? and im talking about drag racing. 😢

What will you have to do?

A lot.

Youre down by about 9 horsepower at least. Its gonna take a lot more then skill to beat the yzf in a drag. In trails though... youd smoke him. Shoulda bought the CRF250r though.

Well, needless to say the YZF has a better start.

Your CRF is heavier and has less horsepower to begin with.

I would start by shaving weight off of your bike. Things like removing your headlight etc. Pipes and performance mods. Bring it up to the R's weight and speed (about) and you might win. But if drag racing is your thing, you should have bought something else. Good luck and have fun 😢

Well, needless to say the YZF has a better start.

Your CRF is heavier and has less horsepower to begin with.

I would start by shaving weight off of your bike. Things like removing your headlight etc. Pipes and performance mods. Bring it up to the R's weight and speed (about) and you might win. But if drag racing is your thing, you should have bought something else. Good luck and have fun 😢

i didnt buy the bike to drag, but my friend who just got a yz 250F is calling my bike things like "an enduro piece of ****" and other things...i want to waste him and his little brother on his new kx85...think the 85 could beat me?

Take him on a really tight single track. Down short drops and up big hills. "Stall out time" for MX bikes. It's that best way to make MX bike riders suffer.

On a MX track, don't use the brakes on the first turn and center punch him.

In a drag race? Put a potato on his exhaust pipe opening..

Don't blame me if a flaming spud sets the area on fire.

In a cross-country race, find somewhere that does dead engine starts.

Otherwise, go to the CRF250X forum and learn the free mods.

So what? It may beat your 250x in a drag, but your bike was made for enduro and his was made for MX. If he thinks yours is such a piece of cr@p, then do a enduro or harescramble together. Still won't prove much since most of it comes down to the better rider. I'd be willing to bet you guys are teenagers. Don't worry. When you're older, nobody cares what kind of bike you have. They're just happy you have a bike and they have someone to ride with. 😢

So what? It may beat your 250x in a drag, but your bike was made for enduro and his was made for MX. If he thinks yours is such a piece of cr@p, then do a enduro or harescramble together. Still won't prove much since most of it comes down to the better rider. I'd be willing to bet you guys are teenagers. Don't worry. When you're older, nobody cares what kind of bike you have. They're just happy you have a bike and they have someone to ride with. 😢

lmfao kev xr...anyways yea im 14 and he will be 15 nov. 6th. ill take him up into the blackhills about 20 miles south of where i live! 😢

Man I hope you took a big ass mallet to some wooden structure cause your going to jynx yourself with the "CRF250X No problems yet!" in your info 😢. Shoulda gotten a YZF man.

On a MX track, don't use the brakes on the first turn and center punch him.

😢 :cry: 😢 :cry: 😢

nah, im happy with owning the bike of the year 😢 i just need to know how to beat the yz...

yeah, maybe TRAIL bike of the year...shoulda bought the yz, there is nothing you can do.

did you completely miss the big "F" after the yz 250 in my post? and im talking about drag racing. 😢

Well now....Yes sir I sure did miss the big F.... 😢

I guess I got TOLD 😢

never the less 250 more cc's would solve your problem or maybe....daaaa....a bigger sprocket on the back and run 1/8th mile