Sign in to follow this  

Will 2003-04 KLX400a service manual work for 05 DRZ

That manual covers all the drz 400 s models from '00 to '03. I don't think there is any difference between the '03 and '05 models but maybe you should wait for a reply from someone who knows for sure.

I just learned while at my dealers yesterday (10/23/04) that Suzuki & Kawasaki merged as far as their 4-stroke division goes. They merged a couple of years ago per the service/parts guy. He said something about the new laws eliminating 2 strokes by 2005 shook up the moto world but Yamaha, KTM, etc. didn't react. He said Suzuki and Kawa decided to merge. End result is the ONLY difference is the plastics bewteed both 400's. I can't speak to specific models though.

Not to change the subject, but does anyone else know this? Is it common knowledge?

Not merged, cooperated on a few bikes. Didn't work out very well though. Suzuki screwed Kawasaki big time on the 400's, not just the bikes but also the quads. They didn't give any until half of the season was over. Kawasaki said forget it and quit selling them.