Boredom induced graphics

I had some time this weekend (my wife and daughter went to Pismo, I had to stay home and work all weekend ??? ) and played around with some graphics in the evenings.

Here are two schemes I came up with. Not to mention all the Photoshop masters, re-creating a blank tank, and fine tuning the full size Illustrator template.

DR-Z400_blue_red.jpg

PS: Im ordering a full Yosh exhaust and Hotcams thanks to working all weekend. ?

You have skills.

I have photoshop, but lack the skills for this sort of design work. My best chances would be in illustrator since vector graphics look so good and are easier to manipulate for me.

Where did you get the template for the tank & shrouds, or did you use the photo?

You need to design in airbox+sidepanel graphics to match up as well. Not a big fan of that huge white panel...

Mike

Go Hooters..!!

Thanks again for the illustrator file, I tried to find it

since the last time you gave it to me with no luck. Going

to try my hand at a couple. ? :cry:

Any idea what media you would print it on? I have a 13x19 printer.

My plan is to print on vinyl or some other outdoor material in process color and sandwich that between a quality adhesive backing and a translucent (spelling questionable) top layer with some kind of traction properties. Im going to be working with a few vendors next week to get it right.

The top layer will make the graphics appear a little dull, but my main goal is traction for my old knees on the tank... If the process works as palned I can sell some one offs to anyone interested. Ill hopefully have a set by the end of the week.

I am going to make a much simpler design to R&D with that has less sticker real estate though.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

That's the kind of design that would have had more mass appeal than the ones they came up with for the TT design but the Xtreme Graphics company doesn't seem to be interested in producing something like that...

I've written them several times showing the Graphic I was

interested in buying (Already on their website) but they never contacted me back..oh well..

Nice stuff. I had the same idea and went ahead and printed and laminated on heavy vinyl like you are talking. Looked awesome for about 2 days till the gas vapors started coming through the plastic tank. The guys doing the perforated material are onto something. You probably already knew that though, but if not maybe save you some grief.