Best Muffler for 02 426

i also have a yoshi comp ti slipon with a gytr header pipe on it. when i got it, it had a white bros R4 slikp on with the stock header this was one loud pipe, i switched to the yoshi so i had some adjustbility on the sound it made i currently have a 96db insert in it.

I have multiple exhausts(for my 426), and I always prefer the stocker. It is the quietest, and the power is smoother. I just bought a new 2004 yz 450 and plan to keep the stock pipe on there as well. It is just a much more relaxing ride. I ride only MX. spend you money elsewhere. All the pipe comparos show little if any gain in peak power. You are just moving the power around. These bikes make more power than most MX/SX/Outdoor/Trail riders need. Spend the money on supension/gearing/good tires/brakes/stainless lines/different bars and clamps. Get comfortable on the bike and get it to fit your body and riding style before adding more power/moving the power around.

These bikes (450s) are like the ever lasting gob stoppers of horsepower. (and I am an ex ama pro rider-of superbikes!)

?

When you can ride your bike WFO all the way around the track or the trails you ride, then search for more ponies. ?

Good advice for a trail rider. If you ride WFO then the stocker is a good pipe.

But for MX if you want bottom end boost for those quick doubles out of a corner, the stocker is not that great. In fact, by comparison to a Thunder Alley, it's a POS.

Get a Thunder Alley for all the bottom end you'll ever need. It's a little loud, but a great bottom end pipe.