Sign in to follow this  

kick-start still getting stuck in the peg!!!

well the damn kick-start lever is getting stuck in the peg everytime i kick it and is taking little chunks off my kick start.... I need a way to bend my pegs a little or do another type of mod to stop this from happening.... I dont want to buy new pegs... too much $$$$$ so this is my resort.... anyone have anything... 😢

please help

-red rider-

well the damn kick-start lever is getting stuck in the peg everytime i kick it and is taking little chunks off my kick start.... I need a way to bend my pegs a little or do another type of mod to stop this from happening.... I dont want to buy new pegs... too much $$$$$ so this is my resort.... anyone have anything... 😢

please help

-red rider-

I have this same problem on my Yamaha. A cheap and quick fix would be to take a radiator hose, put it over the part that is hitting the peg, and zip tie it on the kickstarter. Then when it gets chewed up, turn it around and chew that side up. Just keep slippin on new ones...

please help

-red rider-

I have this same problem on my Yamaha. A cheap and quick fix would be to take a radiator hose, put it over the part that is hitting the peg, and zip tie it on the kickstarter. Then when it gets chewed up, turn it around and chew that side up. Just keep slippin on new ones...

good idea! maybe i could put a little lubricant on the hose so it could just slip back up....everytime i kick the bike the damn starter gets stuck.... But once my bike is going its ALL GOOD!..... what do you think?

please help

-red rider-

good idea! maybe i could put a little lubricant on the hose so it could just slip back up....everytime i kick the bike the damn starter gets stuck.... But once my bike is going its ALL GOOD!..... what do you think?

Go for it. I stil have yet to do mine. The block that is on my kickstarter broke off 😢