Sign in to follow this  

Graphic tips.

Hey guys i need some tips how to put on graphics bubble free and a seat cover. And the rear fender as well. Im not the best at this so whatever tips u have i would appreciate. Thanks a lot. Bye for now. Usually my shop does it but i would like to learn myself.

It is very easy. Trust me on this one, I've done it, bro does it, DR. Strangelove is now a believer:

Take the plastic and clean it so you can practally eat off of it. Now lay the graphic over the plastic with the backing still on it. Just lay it the way you want it. Now pop them in the oven in the warmest setting. Dont let the electric filament get red hot, so if you need to turn it on and off do so. Keep it in there for about 10 mins or so, and get some windex, a hair dryer/heat gun and a credit card.

Take out the plastic with the graphic over it and immediatly take off the backing and spray the graphic and the plastic with the windex. Lay the graphic on quickly and move it into place. Start squeeging out the windex from the inside out. If a portion does not want to stick or has a wrinkle, apply heat using the hair dryer/heat gun. If you have to do this, be careful not to stretch the graphic!!!

Viola. Bubble free if you worked from the inside out. I may sound crazy for using the oven, but doing this heats up the decal and the plastic together exually. The plastic heated makes the windex dry, the graphic heated up allowes it to stretch or shrink.

Have fun! If you want you can probably PM DRstrangelove for pics of his graphics. His came out awesome.

wont the windex make it unsticky. Could i just heat up the grpahics with the hair dryer a lot instead of the ovem? i do trust your method but the oven gets me scared 😢

wont the windex make it unsticky. Could i just heat up the grpahics with the hair dryer a lot instead of the ovem? i do trust your method but the oven gets me scared 😢

trust what the guy said, i tried it and it worked perfectly! sounds a little crazy but it does work.

windex will not work, tried it and the graphics slid around, but sure as hell did not stick. heat them up well with a hair dryer or heat gun, this makes them more flexible and easier to use.

All the graphics on my 230 have been applied with windex. All the graphics going on my 250 will use windex.My brother uses windex too......

It's better if you pop them in the oven. This will get all of the plastic and the decal at the same temperature. Using a heat gun or a hair dryer will make one side hotter than the other...

You'll be fine if you keep an eye on it. Just remember not to get the filament red.

windex will not work, tried it and the graphics slid around, but sure as hell did not stick. heat them up well with a hair dryer or heat gun, this makes them more flexible and easier to use.

haha my brother typed that when i was away and didn't see it so i had to edit it...the method works surprisingly well.

Thats good for electric stoves, what about gas stoves? 😢

I'd have to say no. With a gas stove the heats right then and there. With the electric it heats up slow enough that you can controll it.

Start finding a friend that has a electric stove if ya need to 😢

UHHHHH,

guys,

please tell me you aren't doing this when you apply gas tank decals 😢

UHHHHH,

guys,

No, dont put a gas tank in the oven. Tip on the gas tank is to empty it out and let it sit with the gas cap off for about 4 days. No more fumes to ruin your glue. Then you can use a little heat to apply them. Apply the heat using a hair dryer, but not a lot of heat! 😢

To install vinyl graphics I use water and drop of dish soap mix. Use a fine sprayer on a clean part. Remove bubbles with a damp sponge and a small squeegee. Any water left will evaporate in couple of days. I’ve been using this technique for years on street and track bikes. This can be applied at room temperature. This is how many pros do it.

UHHHHH,

guys,

No, dont put a gas tank in the oven.

So long as it's an electric oven, you'd be fine. Ever tried boiling gasoline? You can do it on an electric stove.

You gas guys are SOL with regards to both. 😢

So long as it's an electric oven, you'd be fine. Ever tried boiling gasoline? You can do it on an electric stove.

Okay. I've got to ask. Why would you boil gasoline on your electric stove? ....or rangetop more likely. 😢

To prove to buddies that it won't miraculously blow up without an open flame. We did this outside.. It would, in fact, be stupid to do it in your kitchen with all sorts of electrical appliances around.

To prove to buddies that it won't miraculously blow up without an open flame. We did this outside.. It would, in fact, be stupid to do it in your kitchen with all sorts of electrical appliances around.

You think??? 😢 :cry: 😢 :cry:

I think that is the KING DADDY OF BAD IDEAS.

Can you imagine explaining that one to the fire chief. "Uh, I read it on this motorcycle website and Uhhh"

🤣😢

Hey, no website is responsible for idiots catching themselves on fire. The lack of common sense's resulting death should be annulled... always.

And again, the point was to disprove the notion coming from people like you that boiling gasoline is some rediculously dangerous act.

I just did my son's graphics last week. I got all his old graphics off, then cleaned all the area's with a strong mix of simple green. I let it dry and then took out a blow dryer (I have a gas stove too). I heated the area I was going to stick the decal and I heated the decal with the hair dryer. I would spray some windex on the plastic, peel the back of the decal off and stick it to the windex. I would then start in the middle of the decal with the hair dryer and keep heating the decal and work out the windex with my fingers. I must say I have NO bubbles at al that NO adnormal (sp?) marks in the decals. It came out GREAT! 😢

the point was to disprove the notion coming from people like you that boiling gasoline is some rediculously dangerous act.

Oh yeah, brainiacs all over the world boil gasoline.

Squid,

I am a Paramedic. I have been in EMS since 1987. I have seen more stupidity from ridiculous stunts such as the one you profess to have performed for your buds than you can imagine. The results are horrific and life altering for not only the victims but for their families, friends and communities. Sometimes there are consequences regardless of intentions. Blatant moronic behavior is a fitting description for a person who knows that they shouldn't be doing something, yet do it anyways, for an ego kick. You go ahead and knock yourself out though! 😢

😢 Here is to hoping you live long enough to grow up.

the point was to disprove the notion coming from people like you that boiling gasoline is some rediculously dangerous act.

Squid,

I am a Paramedic. I have been in EMS since 1987. I have seen more stupidity from ridiculous stunts such as the one you profess to have performed for your buds than you can imagine. The results are horrific and life altering for not only the victims but for their families, friends and communities. Sometimes there are consequences regardless of intentions. Blatant moronic behavior is a fitting description for a person who knows that they shouldn't be doing something, yet do it anyways, for an ego kick. You go ahead and knock yourself out though! 😢

Well good for you.. But there is a very, very large difference between controlled boiling of gasoline and holding a firecracker in your hand, or trying to kick a lit 20oz bottle of kerosene. I think the key phrase to your plea is 'stupidity from rediculous stunts'.

Insinuating that myself and this act are moronic again demonstrates the severe lack of knowledge the general public, including yourself, has about accelerants like gasoline. Boiling gasoline on an electric heater is no more dangerous than it simply sitting there. If the vapor reaches ~525k it will flash either way.

😢 Here's to hoping you find a clue and the drive to actually educate yourself on the matters you discuss.

Squid,

Well good for you.. But there is a very, very large difference between controlled boiling of gasoline and holding a firecracker in your hand, or trying to kick a lit 20oz bottle of kerosene. I think the key phrase to your plea is 'stupidity from rediculous stunts'.

Insinuating that myself and this act are moronic again demonstrates the severe lack of knowledge the general public, including yourself, has about accelerants like gasoline. Boiling gasoline on an electric heater is no more dangerous than it simply sitting there. If the vapor reaches ~525k it will flash either way.

😢 Here's to hoping you find a clue and the drive to actually educate yourself on the matters you discuss.

This is just too easy.

I am clued in all too well. I have documented education, training, certifications and college degrees. What do you have squidward, some drunken prank in the back yard that you got away with?

You see, I've also spent the last nearly twenty years of my life working professionally with firefighters. I know the flashpoints and properties of accelerants/ and liquid flammable fuels. I also know all too well what happens to flesh when you do silly things with dangerous products in uncontrolled settings. I earn my living by knowing these things.

I'm clued in to the fact that Squidward will argue this RIDICULOUS, pointless stance simply to argue. There are young kids in this site (and a really dumb 20 year old), I was just trying to let them know this stunt he pulled is REALLY not smart and could burn them to a crisp or even kill them.

I'm clued into the fact that Squidward doesn't even know how to spell.

I am clued in to the fact that Squidward is a 20 year old who has been known to dye his hair pink.

So if anyone wants to follow his "advice", think about the person it is coming from. Here is a look at your pink pyro, none other than tt's very own Squidward. https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showflat.php/Cat/0/Board/OT/Number/1360524/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/7

😢 (scroll down to the bottom of the thread, you can't miss it)

Let's all give him a hand, He boils gasoline! 😢