04 te450 ran out of fuel

had a day on the trails today and our usual fuel stop was closed was really shocked when i ran out of fuel after only 40 miles !! do you guys get same sort of economy it was hard going in a lot of soft bogs so was spinning a lot but still dont seem a lot,does anyone know of large tanks yet for 04 models?

I was just thinking of the same post. I don't have a husky, but am looking at the TE 510 and 450, the whole line up has 2.0 gals gas tank capacity. No wonder the bikes look so sleek.

My local spots are mostly 30 mile loops max..before ya take a break at the truck and can gas up.... so I can live with 2.0 gals and keep my DRZ for long rides. I couldn't deal with 2.0 gals if it was gonna be my only bike. Sorry I don't know of aftermarket anything for the huskys yet, but will be watching this post and others.

ya I can't take my new shiny TE-510 out to a big place like Clear creek with only 2 gallons of gas....... hmmm this is a limitation - first one I've found while reseearching these bikes.

Stock the 05's will come with a 2.4 gallon tank. IMS makes a 3.0 gallon tank. If you look back a bit in the forum you will see a post from Greg_M TE250 with pictures of the IMS 3.0 mounted. Some have had problems with initial mounting.

In fact, my TE250 with that tank went 50.8 miles and only used about 1.5 gallons. That means 100 miles on that 3 gallon tank. This was in really tight woods so I don't think I was getting the best mileage that I could. So far my TE250 has been flawless and is the best bike I have owned.

Greg

(Over the entire trip of 393 miles)

Tight desert riding at about 3/4 usual pace. Wide open areas at about 60 MPH for some odd 30 miles, off and on. Tight uphill rock terrain at running 100 percent... 30 miles of that. Highway riding for about 50 miles, at a max of 67 MPH. In other words, I was not hammering on it all the time, but I definitely was not conserving gas. I figure on the best day, I got about 108 miles out of the new tank. ?

Thanks.

Now if April would just get here a little sooner so I could ride every weekend again!!! I hate the cold and the rain. Maybe I'll move to the Southern US for November through March. No wait, that is what old people do and if I do that, then I must be getting old.

BTW, Unkle Moose, you say your tank went on smoothly. Mine did as well but the shrouds don't fit all that well. What has been your shroud experience?

Greg

Fall a few times and the shrouds will fit PERFECT! lol

I took a spill on the right side and ripped the shroud. That side fits great, the other side that is untouched is still off a bit. IMS needs to fine tune the tank in my opinion. Lean it out a bit at the top, so that the side panels and shrouds fit right, increase the volume (tall wise) at the bottom (should be more room for gas avail there) and maybe even make the fill section taller like on my old IMS XR tank, or my buddies IMS KTM.

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/desmo/te250/images/

I think with these mods, it would be a rocking tank. No complaints from me though, as it did it's job fine, but the details are always good signs of great craftmanship.