Sign in to follow this  

YZ250F VS. Foreign WR250F

I have read mos tof the recent "wr250f vs. yz250f" threads, but they all revolve around the fact that the wr is so corcked up and detuned. i could have the capability to buya wr in canada. I understand that only the USA detunes there WRs, and the foreign ones (brit, cnadadian and ausie) aren't detuned (or maybe not as detuned as much). if thats the case then is the WR the better bike, or is the YZ with the aftermarket wide ratio gearing and an aftermarket light (i hear you can ge thtose, not 100% sure tho) better? thanx in advance. if ur confused about my post plz tell me.

I have an 02 WR and it is a fine bike. Get the WR from where ever and ride trails day and night all day long.

I was confused for a little bit about your post , but a few beers letter it all cam e cleer. How will you be using the bike? MX-YZ,Trails-WR.

For what i've heard, and i'm in europe, the wr's here are a bit different from the ones sold in the us.

If you go to an European yamaha site you will clearly see differences (exhaust for one).

I think there are also some minor engine tunning diferences, which indeed make the non.us bikes more powerful.

My opinions is that if you're going for a wr and you can get one outside the us than go for it!

I ride my sons 02 yz250f. I have an 02 wr250f from Canada. From my non expert opinion. The only thing I realy notice is the gearing. Certainly there are some small things, but to a totaly novice rider ther isnt much diff. I went with the wr so we could make it street legal when my son turns 16.

I ride my sons 02 yz250f. I have an 02 wr250f from Canada. From my non expert opinion. The only thing I realy notice is the gearing. Certainly there are some small things, but to a totaly novice rider ther isnt much diff. I went with the wr so we could make it street legal when my son turns 16.

thanx man, thats really nwhat i was hoping to hear. someones opinion with both a canadian wr and a yz. im gonna go with the wr i guess. it would be nice for an experet opinion to add to this, but im a novice so it prob doesn't matter. if there is a difference it would prob take a few years to feel. i too would like to street legalize mine for goin to work. im 15, and a wr beats a scooter.